The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwilliams55555

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My oldest brother has driven said suburban more than I since dad bought new in Dec 98, I told him to come over and make it go flat to show me, i only seen lever to fold back down and the one that released it to remove. Thanks for confirming

poncho98

Reaction score
hi,this is an interior question..my '98 has no power locks or doors.simple,someone has tried to hack this truck by the keyhole,so i have to take all off.done,now i see that the little triangular thing that hooks to the manual lock is disconnected from the manual sliding lock .looks broken!..
You must be registered for see images attach

Ando069

Reaction score
I browsed thru and maybe i skipped a few threads.. but here is my stupid question.. My single cab has native Grey interior.. I just scored a 2020 front bench/jumper for $450.00... they are black cloth. I know the seats will look fine i actually seen this before.. where the seats are black in an all grey interior.. but here's my dumb question.. do i go with grey or black carpet.. at the moment it has the rubber/vinyl floor...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I browsed thru and maybe i skipped a few threads.. but here is my stupid question.. My single cab has native Grey interior.. I just scored a 2020 front bench/jumper for $450.00... they are black cloth. I know the seats will look fine i actually seen this before.. where the seats are black in an all grey interior.. but here's my dumb question.. do i go with grey or black carpet.. at the moment it has the rubber/vinyl floor...
Not the same scenario but I thought black carpet was a good choice in an otherwise gray interior. In my '94, I still used the original gray floor mats. Nice contrast; I liked it, dunno about others.

Had the same carpet in my '92, no floor mats, and a gray leather Grant steering wheel that matched better than the camera flash makes it look..

Richard

Ando069

Reaction score
Not the same scenario but I thought black carpet was a good choice in an otherwise gray interior. In my '94, I still used the original gray floor mats. Nice contrast; I liked it, dunno about others.

Had the same carpet in my '92, no floor mats, and a gray leather Grant steering wheel that matched better than the camera flash makes it look..

Richard
Yeah i like it... i think it works well since the bezels and other trims are black...

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got an 89 5 speed, anyone know if these are supposed to have something that stops the clutch pedal from bouncing when it isn't being used? If a hit a good bump or if I just left go of the pedal after shifting to neutral the pedal moves past it's return point and bounces a bit. There's not an issue, it's just annoying.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Nope there's nothing there... Have had mine in my 97 bounce so far the rod came right out of the master cylinder. Was fun trying to get it back in while going down the road...

Ando069

Reaction score
I've got an 89 5 speed, anyone know if these are supposed to have something that stops the clutch pedal from bouncing when it isn't being used? If a hit a good bump or if I just left go of the pedal after shifting to neutral the pedal moves past it's return point and bounces a bit. There's not an issue, it's just annoying.
hmm My pedal is tight.. is this something I have to look out for? truck is just of 200k...

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to look at a 1996 3500 crew cab this weekend. I was told it was stored in a barn. Having had vehicles from barns before I want to check under the rear seat for possible rodent habitation.

So my question is does the rear seat cushion fold up? If not how do you remove it?

Thanks
Craig
The rear seat being manual will slide forward a good bit.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
can be pretty easy if you already have the plug ran. as for the mounting you will need the seat subframe from the donor to make it work. as the seat moves down the track Via turn screw Vs track and lock
I did find some leather seats from a 96 Tahoe for $50. The frames were good and work plus they are heated. The Leather was trashed I am going to convert both to heated. The plugs are the same except for the non heated one pin is missing. The owner had used the Tahoe for parts so I got many other parts for a few dollars more. He helped me remove them Nice guy.