The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yes of course. I found it on this Canadian website, but I've also seen them on eBay
Have to find out the type of springs in your seat. The cushion.
That description says 'sag springs', which is a misprint. That should be 'no-sag springs'.
They look like a continuous letter 'S'.
Funny thing is, that's the first thing they do. Sag.
So maybe they called them what they did based on experience! Lol!
The other style of 'spring' actually doesn't look like a spring at all. More like a Fr>Rr grid of thin wires (.032"?) held together with 3 or 4 side to side paper wrapped wires.
Like their description says, the springs could be embedded within the foam during manufacturing.
The two spring styles are attached to the frame differently which is why the differences in the foam.
The backrest has no actual springs at all.

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about seeing if this company (https://www.StockInteriors.com) meets your expectations. Give them a try, they seem to be a little cheaper in price.
  • Call Us Toll Free1-866-868-4577

Select your vehicle​

Select Make: Chevrolet Car, Chevrolet Truck,
Click image for a larger view

1995-1998 Chevy Full Size Truck, Standard Cab Seat Upholstery Front Seats, Bench Seat​

Item Price:$426.95​

Item Number:22999​

Notes:Front Bench Seat. Includes Hog Rings, Hog Ring Pliers and Instructions.

The 1988 and newer models have some of the original seat upholstery heat laminated to the foam making it very difficult to remove the old upholstery. Our seat kits for these models do not require the removal of this laminated upholstery. Our sets will go right over the original and hog ring where the original seat cover is attached.

This is replacement seat upholstery; not slip on seat covers.​

Details:Read More​

Instructions:View install instruction​

Please be careful when selecting the color for your Chevy Full Size Truck, Standard Cab Seat Upholstery. We have many color options to choose from, and some shades are very similar. If you are not 100% certain of the correct color, please allow us to send you samples by clicking here.

Select Material:

Please Select VINYL VINYL WITH CLOTH INSERT

Select Color:

Please Select

This item may take up to 40 business days to ship.

Consider These Items Also...​

382'88-'98 All models Molded Carpet
$153.95
23880'88-'98 Utility Truck Headliner Board
$492.95
6822'88-'98 Original Style Headliner Board
$314.95
7156'88-'98 Sun Visor Set
$133.95
22303'92-'99 High End Models Sun Visor Set
$163.95
  • Item Details
This Chevrolet Truck Front Bench Seat Upholstery set is a high quality product following the factory sewing pattern and factory attachment points. Made in the Material of your choice. Includes instructions, hog rings and hog ring pliers. Requires physical seat be removed from vehicle, old upholstery removed and new upholstery installed. This is replacement seat upholstery; not slip on seat covers.
You must be registered for see images
100% Product
Fit Guarantee

All Products are
Made in the USA!​

High Quality
Parts available​

Fast Shipping​

Free Samples
for a perfect match​

You must be registered for see images attach

Copyright © 2024, Stock Interiors LLC. All rights reserved
You must be registered for see images attach

Supported Payment Methods
You must be registered for see images

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Vanishing Point Thanks! I don't think that's the right stuff, though. I can't find the seat foam on that site, just the upholstery to go over the cushions. I've already got upholstery and am mostly trying to price out new cushions.
@sewlow thanks for the education on the styles of seat. That will help with ordering the right stuff to go on my existing frame.

Reaction score
Quick stupid question. Trying to figure out the original color code for my parts truck.

Attachments

• IMG_20240205_115931234_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20240205_115931234_HDR~2.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240201-211408.png
    Screenshot_20240201-211408.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 15

RustyNM_92

Reaction score
That's what I thought but it confused me because there wasn't any leather anywhere in the pickup.
It could be that the seats were replaced with cloth ones, the only thing that would be leather are just the seats themselves. There is RPO codes that state cloth Like RPO 128. Despite that, the color will be the same for either leather or cloth. Best of luck!