The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harkin

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2 door Blazer/Tahoe/Yukon 2nd row seats are the same as Suburban 3rd row seats? I've come across more 2 doors in the junkyard than square dash suburbans so I was wondering if their seats are interchangable.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2 door Blazer/Tahoe/Yukon 2nd row seats are the same as Suburban 3rd row seats? I've come across more 2 doors in the junkyard than square dash suburbans so I was wondering if their seats are interchangable.
I haven't looked at the 2nd row in a 2dr Tahoe/etc., only the 4drs, but still I'd say almost surely not. The 3rd row Suburban seats are really narrow in order to fit between the rear wheel tubs, and they lock into 4 slots in the floor, instead of bolted in. In the 4dr Tahoe/etc. it's a unique-appearing (bracketry-wise) 2nd row that IIRC doesn't match the 2nd row in a Suburban, either.

Richard

Harkin

Reaction score
I haven't looked at the 2nd row in a 2dr Tahoe/etc., only the 4drs, but still I'd say almost surely not. The 3rd row Suburban seats are really narrow in order to fit between the rear wheel tubs, and they lock into 4 slots in the floor, instead of bolted in. In the 4dr Tahoe/etc. it's a unique-appearing (bracketry-wise) 2nd row that IIRC doesn't match the 2nd row in a Suburban, either.

Richard
Yeah, the reason I ask about the 2nd row in the 2 door specifically is that its between the wheel wells like the 3rd row in a Suburban. Next time I'm at the junkyard I'll try transferring the seats from one to the other and see if they fit.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, the reason I ask about the 2nd row in the 2 door specifically is that its between the wheel wells like the 3rd row in a Suburban. Next time I'm at the junkyard I'll try transferring the seats from one to the other and see if they fit.
Pretty simple to determine the probability without dragging it out of the truck. Unhook it from the floor. If it has a grab handle at the bottom rear center that unlocks the rear mount points from slots in the floor and you lift it up at the rear and hinge it out of the slots at the front, like a Suburban 3rd row, then throw a measuring tape on there and see if the slots are the same spacing as the ones in the Suburban.

Like I said I hadn't really checked out the 2nd row in a 2door Tahoe/etc. so I don't have first hand experience, but it should be pretty easy to determine with the truck in front of you.

Richard

wantavant

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the little kinda circled gray piece comes off or is it part of the panel? mine is cracked in a few spots and want to replace it

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 19

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bench seat cushion out of my 1995 standard cab has been destroyed, and I'm looking to replace the cushion in its entirety before reupholstering. Has anyone used the OER SF216 or SF215 replacement cushions? Those are the most reasonable ones I can see online for a 1-piece bench. Any advice is appreciated

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The bench seat cushion out of my 1995 standard cab has been destroyed, and I'm looking to replace the cushion in its entirety before reupholstering. Has anyone used the OER SF216 or SF215 replacement cushions? Those are the most reasonable ones I can see online for a 1-piece bench. Any advice is appreciated
"Has anyone used the OER SF216 or SF215 replacement cushions?"

Pix? Link?

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"Has anyone used the OER SF216 or SF215 replacement cushions?"

Pix? Link?
Yes of course. I found it on this Canadian website, but I've also seen them on eBay