The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is an oil pressure sending unit, the first few year's of our body style had 2 sensor's and then later they were integrated in to 1 sensor under the distributor.

That's what I figured....but what does it operate??? My old 93 s10 had a different sensor in a similar location....and it operated the oil pressure gauge (although it did have more pins)
There is nothing connected, and my oil pressure gauge is pegged (BS!). Seriously my truck is so old and neglected I don't even know what all functions or doesn't. Is there even an oil light? ??

Android/Tapatalk

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well originally on the first few year's that larger one by the oil filter was the oil pressure sender and the small one under the dist. only operated the oil light. It sound's like your's already had the newer type.

Ldhudd

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a little help.

Ive got a 88 c1500, TBI 350. When i bought the truck it came with a Holley Projection set up high rise cam headers and a 5 stage jet chip. The truck sat for about 3 years and when i decided it was time to get her back to being road ready i decided to put a stock intake and TBI on it. I pulled a wiring harness off a early 90's truck with a 5 speed, but didnt think to take the brain with it. I've now come to realize that they have slight differences in the plugs where it connects to the ecm. Im now stuck without a brain that'll plug in and am in need of some tips as to what my next step should be.

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well originally on the first few year's that larger one by the oil filter was the oil pressure sender and the small one under the dist. only operated the oil light. It sound's like your's already had the newer type.

Ahhh-hah!!!
That makes sense...I forgot that this engine which is a GM goodwrench 350 was first installed in my dad suburban which was an 89 or 90 model.....so they must have just left it there and swapped out the one by the diz.
Thanks!!!!

Android/Tapatalk

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for a little help.

Ive got a 88 c1500, TBI 350. When i bought the truck it came with a Holley Projection set up high rise cam headers and a 5 stage jet chip. The truck sat for about 3 years and when i decided it was time to get her back to being road ready i decided to put a stock intake and TBI on it. I pulled a wiring harness off a early 90's truck with a 5 speed, but didnt think to take the brain with it. I've now come to realize that they have slight differences in the plugs where it connects to the ecm. Im now stuck without a brain that'll plug in and am in need of some tips as to what my next step should be.

Re-pin the current harness to the correct plug.

-Truckin'-

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ahhh-hah!!!
That makes sense...I forgot that this engine which is a GM goodwrench 350 was first installed in my dad suburban which was an 89 or 90 model.....so they must have just left it there and swapped out the one by the diz.
Thanks!!!!

Android/Tapatalk

Yeah I bet that's what it is!

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I have a cam question for you guys.

Lets say I put on my TBI 350 a GMPP vortec to tbi intake, vortec heads, tune, 454 tbi (tbi mods done), I already have headers, dual exhaust into flowmasters, and a decent flowing air cleaner. What would be a decent cam to put in there that would work with those mods the best and what would be needed to install it? What kind of realistic numbers might I be looking at?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a cam question for you guys.

Lets say I put on my TBI 350 a GMPP vortec to tbi intake, vortec heads, tune, 454 tbi (tbi mods done), I already have headers, dual exhaust into flowmasters, and a decent flowing air cleaner. What would be a decent cam to put in there that would work with those mods the best and what would be needed to install it? What kind of realistic numbers might I be looking at?

Roller or flat tappet?