The Stupid Axle Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryandrews123

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I picked up a sf 14 bolt rear to swap out my 10 bolt. unfortunately its has the g80. It looks like one of the teeth on the pin for the weights is broken and about to fully break loose. Is it possible to just remove the two weights and pins completely and not have gov lock at that point? Or is it better to spend the extra $$ and get a new carrier?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
just go on rockauto and buy a spartan gov loc, i wouldnt run without the pins but i wouldnt run with them either if they look broken, im the kind of person when doing a swap with something that everything comes apart and is checked/replaced

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
What size bolts are on the 14 bolt, 10.5" FF? Looking to swap in new ones when I change the fluid in the Spring.

bigblue1

Reaction score
ok my turn first off big thanks for this site . and please bear with me ive owned my 1994 z71 Silverado since 95 and I have 355k on my motor oil change once a month daily driver. ok onto my stupid question, after 5 460le and 2 corporate 10 bolt 3.73 im done rebuilding the front end ready for sas. ive been offered a complete 2004 ford f350 srw front axle inc calipers will this work I run 33s now
or can anybody simply tell me easiest conversion or guide me to right part of site