The side bar to the right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Any of you like or dislike it? I am thinking of taking it down.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The way it currently is now I don't care for it to much. However if useful links were placed there instead I wouldn't mind it. Perhaps links to common websites visited by the users, such as ckresto and Late model resto. Maybe you'd be able to set up an affiliate account and earn a couple bucks with each click through to those websites. Then use that money to pay web fees or to make the forum even better.

Reaction score
The way it currently is now I don't care for it to much. However if useful links were placed there instead I wouldn't mind it. Perhaps links to common websites visited by the users, such as ckresto and Late model resto. Maybe you'd be able to set up an affiliate account and earn a couple bucks with each click through to those websites. Then use that money to pay web fees or to make the forum even better.

I like that idea. Everyone is always asking and suggesting were to get parts. Great way to make them easy to find. Good call low89.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like that idea. Everyone is always asking and suggesting were to get parts. Great way to make them easy to find. Good call low89.

Thanks, but I mean it doesn't have to been limited to parts. Everyone is asking for stickies to e made
pertaining to a certain website. One example is the tire calc I was looking for for a few days. Once
someone posted it, it was quite useful. Had that link been in the sidebar it would have saved me a fair amount of time. Another suggested link would be the vin decoder and tbichips.com.

As a side note, one thing that could be done is have a how to section linking to the most commonly viewed how to threads on the forum. An example would be how to change te old style dash to the new style. I don't know if you would have to mark these threads differently so that only the top five show up under the heading, but it would be a great feature.

This forum is a great place to be. Several hundred people with the same set of interests have come together to help one another out. It's the only forum that is targetted specifically towards the gmt400 crowd that I know of. Let's make it the best it can be!

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some awesome ideas guys!

I don't ever use it honestly.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gone. Thats much better. I will look into the info sidebar with better links and what not.