The real differences in 700r4/4l60/4l60e transmissions by year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwilliams55555

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My apologies, I forgot that I should have only referred to 88 up, but as someone who has rebuilt these tranny's for many years, but to also say that any of these with a TV cable is compatible, regardless of speedometer drive, that can be changed, didn't want to ruffle any features, cheers

mwilliams55555

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most everything you posted.

1.) read post #1 on this thread and the Wikipedia quote I posted. So, you're saying they're wrong huh?

2.) your pictures are of an earlier transmission with speedo cable. Here's a picture of my 700R4 in my 88, the 1st year GM switched to the VSS and DRAC/VSSB. See the reluctor gear?
You must be registered for see images attach

I don't wanna get into an argument with you so, I'm done.

:popcorn:
My apologies, since they started making them in 82, with the gear drive speedometer, but regardless if it has a TV cable, it can be made to work in any 82-94 application. No argument about it, got 30 years experience with them

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great job on the op, thanks for sharing your work! Sure is amazing how many people don't read the first post, and jump right to a question answered there.