The Overhead Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty high-tech with the little Lego blocks...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Holy crap... So that's why I could never get mine to make contact with the button! I don't have the Lego bricks! :lol: Guess they got lost sometime before I was put in charge of the 'burb.

Anyone have some of those laying around or know a part number? @Z71Hobbs I feel like you have to have a giant bag of these somewhere.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy crap... So that's why I could never get mine to make contact with the button! I don't have the Lego bricks! :lol: Guess they got lost sometime before I was put in charge of the 'burb.

Anyone have some of those laying around or know a part number? @Z71Hobbs I feel like you have to have a giant bag of these somewhere.
I have never seen nor heard of them. @Cokeman95 apparently has seen them.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy crap... So that's why I could never get mine to make contact with the button! I don't have the Lego bricks! [emoji38] Guess they got lost sometime before I was put in charge of the 'burb.

FYI Legos work. I've done it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So apparently I'm an idiot, both of mine are still there. :lol: Guess I just never noticed them before. Now I just have to try and get them off of there without breaking anything, they're stuck on pretty well after 20+ years of baking in the sun. Think I'll try prying them off with a tiny flat head bit.

Do they rotate on the storage studs so you can kind of wiggle them off? I tried that gently but they didn't budge so I didn't want to force it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IT WORKS!! For the first time in the life of the Suburban that garage door opener compartment is actually functional. And I am way too excited about it lol. One small issue though, I don't quite have enough extension from just the two blocks. It works but the throw on the button is super long. One more block would be perfect.

I have about six of them, I grab them from the salvage yards whenever I see them. Got them stacked up in my console lol.

Any chance you'd mail me one if I threw you a few bucks?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IT WORKS!! For the first time in the life of the Suburban that garage door opener compartment is actually functional. And I am way too excited about it lol. One small issue though, I don't quite have enough extension from just the two blocks. It works but the throw on the button is super long. One more block would be perfect.

Any chance you'd mail me one if I threw you a few bucks?
I can mail ya couple if ya need.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk