The Official Vortec 454 Info thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone still make long tubes for these mills? I've searched Summit, Jegs, eBay; I wanted JBAs but both Summit and Jegs don't have them and show them as unavailable.
I can't even find anything for TBI motors now,

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked at those; they're for squarebodies. I don't know if they could be modified to fit the 400 frame?
most of the comments on those are from people running them on our trucks.

You have to be the guy to test for us!!

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at those; they're for squarebodies. I don't know if they could be modified to fit the 400 frame?
In the Q&A someone asks if they will fit a ‘95. Maybe they fit a C better than a K though.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wish I could find a set of Banks headers. From all the research I've done those were the best headers for a 454.
Buddy of mine put them on a 97 K2500.

He said that scrapping the OEM muffler in favor of twin aftermarket mufflers side-by-side made more improvement than the headers did. The OEM muffler "looks" like it has 2 3/4 inlet, but the tube are necked-down inside the case. The muffler is horribly restrictive.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buddy of mine put them on a 97 K2500.

He said that scrapping the OEM muffler in favor of twin aftermarket mufflers side-by-side made more improvement than the headers did. The OEM muffler "looks" like it has 2 3/4 inlet, but the tube are necked-down inside the case. The muffler is horribly restrictive.
That's the only thing I'd leave out if I could get my hands on a Banks Powerpack, I think I remembered you mentioning that some time back.

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone still make long tubes for these mills? I've searched Summit, Jegs, eBay; I wanted JBAs but both Summit and Jegs don't have them and show them as unavailable.
I can't even find anything for TBI motors now,
I looked all over and found nothing, so I bought ebay not-very-long-tube 2wd stainless ones and spent way too much time modifying them to clear the 4wd. You might try Doug's Headers or Kooks, but they won't be cheap. I really miss Stan's Headers..