The new Hoe'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No the hose or tube that connects from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold. Behind the oil filler tube in the pic. Im missing alot of the sensors. Map MAF and who knows what else lol. Im just gonna pull a whole intake off at a junkyard haha.

Tigwldr

Reaction score
Thats the evap canister or charcoal canister and the other is the EGR tube.
Glad I could help :)
Let me know if you need any other shots, when the rain clears I'd be glad to get you what you need.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is this to? The hose runs to the evap canister but the one grommet I have no idea where it goes.
You must be registered for see images attach

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thought I should update this. Pulled the heads and found the cyl walls to be in great shape and still having cross hatching. The kid overheated it and blew a headgasket. So I cleaned up the block and put new head gaskets and intake gaskets on it. Stab'd in the dizzy and got everything plugged in. Im missing the maf but it could still start without it. So I gave it a shot. Was sputtering and just getting puffs of smoke and really no consistent fire. Played with the dizzy and though I was 180 off. Pulled it and re tried, it was worse. So I pulled it again and dropped it in to where it was before. Cranked it over and now it started to catch. Turned the dizzy and it came to life and died. Turned the dizzy a little more and it roared to life this time!!! I quickly shut it down bc there is no wp or coolant in it. Im was very excited to say the least!! First time I dug that deep into a motor. I have to replace the front timing cover bc the guy before me broke off a timing cover bolt and I cant see it with the cover there. So Now I have to get a new cover and I heard the oil pan gasket is shot when you do this. Is that true?

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
id say you got a deal for a grand but only 95k and motor problems thats so young but at least it seems like you can salvage the motor

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Motor is good to go know. Kid just didnt know what he was doing. New head gaskets and shes back! lol One snag is that he over tightened one of the timing cover bolts and snapped it off in the block. Now I have to try to ez out the damn thing!

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its ALIVE!! Runs great! Had a small rocker arm tap pulled the cover and tightened it down. Sounds great! No noises no rattles nothin. Motors great!!
Exhaust sounds great! Hooker longtubes dual cats x pipe cherry bomb extremes and dual 45's.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Motor is good to go know. Kid just didnt know what he was doing. New head gaskets and shes back! lol One snag is that he over tightened one of the timing cover bolts and snapped it off in the block. Now I have to try to ez out the damn thing!

Glad gpas hear it was an easy fix. My 94 had a burnt valve at 103k miles because someone didnt know how to properly tow with a half ton.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-