The new Hoe'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked this up a few days ago. 96 with 95,*** on it, brand new 31x10.5x15's (looking to trade these for nbs wheels and tires) problem is the motor is shot. Got it for a grand. So Im gonna need some help with this one. It has longtube headman headers with cats and x pipe and cherry bomb extremes with duals out the back on 45's. The motor is halfway apart and I have no Idea where all these plugs go. I also am missing all of the Ac system and the entire air intake system. So If anyone can ID these plugs I would most appreciate it. Also I am looking for a vortec motor for it.
You must be registered for see images attach

If I didnt have my 04 this would deff be my daily but for now its my dads haha.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That truck is super clean! Seems like a hell of a deal.

And is it just me, or is that a marine Vortec intake?

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome looking truck man. Really clean. Can't wait to see you get it up and running. Lots o knowledge around. Helpful guys over at TYF also.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The pigtail on the right side hooks up to various things on the throttle body such as the TPS. Nice find!

Tigwldr

Reaction score

Top picture = one goes to the ac fitting that is missing the other two go to the TB

Bottom picture = two go into the ignition coil and heat sink(or whatever its called) and one goes into a valve on the side of the upper intake manifold that appears to be missing.

The good thing about these plugs. You cant plug them in anywhere but its designated area.

If you need any pictures let m know, I'll snap some for yah.

Last edited:

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome. There is a valve there with a hose going to the canister on the drivers side. I think thats the map sensor? If you could snap a pic of the intake area with the air intake off that would be very helpful! It seems Im missing the metal tubes for the fuel rails. Looks like I'll be making a junkyard trip soon.

Ok I found out that the one with the red goes to the evap solenoid which I am missing also.

Last edited:

Tigwldr

Reaction score
Ok, now that my computer just pooped the bed on me mid post, I'll do this again.

You are correct the evap solenoid is the one with the red connector, it also ahs a tube that goes across the top of the manifold into the evap canister.

Its raining out so I wont be able to get any shots with the intake off.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for yah :)

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, now that my computer just pooped the bed on me mid post, I'll do this again.

You are correct the evap solenoid is the one with the red connector, it also ahs a tube that goes across the top of the manifold into the evap canister.

Its raining out so I wont be able to get any shots with the intake off.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for yah :)

Thats F'ing great!! Thanks! One thing I dont have is the box in front of the abs module. What is that? Also I dont have the tube from the dr side manifold to the intake is that needed?

Last edited: