The never ending bagged and bodied 90 rcsb build....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since all my fellow GMT400 owners seem to be migrating to this site, I figured I'd post a few update pics of my truck. I'll post just a few for now and when I get time Ill go back and post some of the start to finish pics. I've also recently found a few pics of what it originally looked like so I'll post those up sometime as well.

Guess I'll start with a little background on the truck. I bought the truck back in 04 from my cousin. It was a decent looking truck and got it for a good price. Had a recently rebuilt 350, Newer paint and pretty much just needed some interior work. Drove it every day for about 3 years and then the tranny finally gave up. Rebuilt the tranny and drove it for another year until a guy in a NBS ext cab rear ended me while I was sitting at a stopplight at about 35mph. Insurance totalled the truck and I opted to buy it back. Seeing this as an opportunity to do all the things I ever wanted to do to it...pretty much leads us into the following pics. Its been a long process and I've had a blast every step of the way. I spent many hours working or researching my next step and have learned so much. Also I'm proud to say...as of this point 100% of the work has been done by yours truley. It might not be perfect but I'm very happy how it's turning out. As any project it will probably never be "done" but I hope to have it back on the road in the coming months.

Things I've done(that I remember...)
Bagged
bag on bar with wishbone
Tubular A arms
2.5" traditional body drop
Raised bed floor
14 bolt 454ss rear end swap
DIY rear disc brake swap (FSC tech)
94 cluster swap (FSC tech)
98 gmc grill
Mid length headers
Exhaust done by me
And pretty much every piece of suspension and steering have been replaced along with a tune up.

Still to do...
Finish plumbing and wiring of airride
Bodywork bumpers and install
Finish installing interior and get new carpet
Taurus e fan (have it...just not installed)
Need to make front inner fenders
Bodywork and Paint
Drive the hell out of it!

On with the pics!

When I first started the bagging process...complete with those nasty sawblade rallys.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here she is all cut and notched laying frame

Decided there was too much rust and damage from the wreck so I stripped it down and went looking for a new cab and bed.

Found a pretty straight rust free cab from a 93 on CL complete with 95-98 buckets and console and very nice complete interior.

Then I did what any sane person would do and cut 2.5" out of it..

Resulting in this

At that point most of the fab work was done. Suspension was done, body drop done. Just a bunch of stuff to clean up and finish...which took a couple years..lol. I'll try to fill in some more progress pics of some of this stuff when I have a little free time.

Pics of how it sits currently

Sitting next to my 04

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Nice truck and nice work. I didn't have the room to do a body drop on a truck so that why I bought mine with it already done. Welcome. There's about six of us that have about the same trucks and its cool to talk with them and now you about these trucks. There is not any bagged c1500 around were I live that I know of. Once again welcome.

PS I have a 2001 Silverado to. Its nice to have a back up truck.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!

Quote..."Then I did what any sane person would do and cut 2.5" out of it.."
Oh yea! Rep'd!
Low is never low enough! But, DAMN! That's LOW!

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck and nice work. I didn't have the room to do a body drop on a truck so that why I bought mine with it already done. Welcome. There's about six of us that have about the same trucks and its cool to talk with them and now you about these trucks. There is not any bagged c1500 around were I live that I know of. Once again welcome.

PS I have a 2001 Silverado to. Its nice to have a back up truck.

Thanks man.. more power too you for finding one done already. It was a lot of tedious work but had a good time doing it. Also it's nice to have people to talk to that are about at the same point. As for the truck...it's actually my second backup..lol. I drive a 91 ranger as my work truck and the 04 has only seen 4xxx miles since I bought it 3 years ago..lol. only has 52xxx on the clock.

Last edited:

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i remember this build from FSC. welcome to GMT400
Hey what's goin on dagen? And thanks!
Welcome!

Quote..."Then I did what any sane person would do and cut 2.5" out of it.."
Oh yea! Rep'd!
Low is never low enough! But, DAMN! That's LOW!
Lol.. thanks man. It's not my daily or my backup vehicle..so it only made sense to body it while I had it apart.
Body drops rule. Lol... So use to the other cab, don't blame ya on the rust.
Hey Bill! Cab corners were rotten, rockers had rust. Plus the rear cab wall was hit so hard the rear window no longer fit right..lol. Had basically no interior before..now I have a full one in good shape with buckets.

I'll try to keep you guys updated. Still working quite a bit of overtime so I work on it when I can.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
One of my inspiration trucks when I started!! Now get that girl plumbed and wired and get her out to Camp N Drag lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk