The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

momoney498

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Image didn't attach right

Last edited:

SierraBoy

Reaction score

97 sierra 4.3 5 speed

Attachments

• 20141002_150025.jpg
    20141002_150025.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20141002_150043.jpg
    20141002_150043.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20141002_150025.jpg
    20141002_150025.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 32
  • 20141002_150043.jpg
    20141002_150043.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
Well, I'm the new guy now. Ha Ha.

Here's my new toy. The wife and I needed a truck after I had to trade my last one in for a car that got good mileage due to a new job. Her car was paid off at the time, and we were putting it off because not having a car payment was awesome!!! Well, we talked about it, and decided to just find an older cash truck that we could still throw the girls in if we needed to, and something we could move the tractor and horses with a short distance. Well, this is what we came up with.

It's a 99 K2500 with the 5.7 auto and 3.73's. 14 bolt 9.5" (Not factory locked surprisingly.) Manual windows and door locks, and nothing fancy. Previous owner put a refurbished ticker in it, and it runs well. I have had to do a few small things to it, but nothing major. It does have a small exhaust leak that I'm going to take care of (likely tomorrow,) and it seems to be a little sluggish on acceleration (I'll start off cleaning the MAF.) I haven't gotten the OBDII adapter yet to be able to put "Torque" on it to see if it's running lean on either bank, but I'm going to guess it is running lean under load. We'll just have to see.

To be honest, I don't have huge plans for it. I just wanted a dependable truck that I know I could work on. First thing I did when I got it was pulled the CSFI and threw in the MPFI. Hand tools in the driveway....... How can you beat that? Especially with today's trucks.

Well I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and looking forward to learning a lot more than I already know about these trucks. It's not my first GMT400, and I hope to pick up at least one more.

Thanks, and God bless
David

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well, I'm the new guy now. Ha Ha.

Here's my new toy. The wife and I needed a truck after I had to trade my last one in for a car that got good mileage due to a new job. Her car was paid off at the time, and we were putting it off because not having a car payment was awesome!!! Well, we talked about it, and decided to just find an older cash truck that we could still throw the girls in if we needed to, and something we could move the tractor and horses with a short distance. Well, this is what we came up with.

It's a 99 K2500 with the 5.7 auto and 3.73's. 14 bolt 9.5" (Not factory locked surprisingly.) Manual windows and door locks, and nothing fancy. Previous owner put a refurbished ticker in it, and it runs well. I have had to do a few small things to it, but nothing major. It does have a small exhaust leak that I'm going to take care of (likely tomorrow,) and it seems to be a little sluggish on acceleration (I'll start off cleaning the MAF.) I haven't gotten the OBDII adapter yet to be able to put "Torque" on it to see if it's running lean on either bank, but I'm going to guess it is running lean under load. We'll just have to see.

To be honest, I don't have huge plans for it. I just wanted a dependable truck that I know I could work on. First thing I did when I got it was pulled the CSFI and threw in the MPFI. Hand tools in the driveway....... How can you beat that? Especially with today's trucks.

Well I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and looking forward to learning a lot more than I already know about these trucks. It's not my first GMT400, and I hope to pick up at least one more.

Thanks, and God bless
David

Beautiful truck!