The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2KGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello eveyrone,
John McLain with a 2000 GMC K3500 CCLB Dually 6.5 here. I'm pretty new to the diesel side of things I have built several older Chevy and GMC gassers in the past so this is a new experience for me. I'm in the military so time and money are in short supply especially with my new born son, so I get things fixed and or replaced as I can luckily my wife has been great with being patient and understanding.
I happened across this forum when I was looking at ideas on google and came across 88GMCTruck's "Black Fox" thread and at the time was considering cutting my losses and selling mine due to transmission issues and me already having around $6500 invested in it but his thread motivated me to press on and look at the potential it had. The PO didn't take care of it at all so she needs a lot of TLC but she runs great now with the exception of a few little things and the tranny acting up.
You must be registered for see images attach
. These are older pics from when I bought it 2 years ago I will upload some recent ones soon.

Last edited:

K2500 Dave

Reaction score
Hello eveyrone,
John McLain with a 2000 GMC K3500 CCLB Dually 6.5 here. I'm pretty new to the diesel side of things I have built several older Chevy and GMC gassers in the past so this is a new experience for me. I'm in the military so time and money are in short supply especially with my new born son, so I get things fixed and or replaced as I can luckily my wife has been great with being patient and understanding.
I happened across this forum when I was looking at ideas on google and came across 88GMCTruck's "Black Fox" thread and at the time was considering cutting my losses and selling mine due to transmission issues and me already having around $6500 invested in it but his thread motivated me to press on and look at the potential it had. The PO didn't take care of it at all so she needs a lot of TLC but she runs great now with the exception of a few little things and the tranny acting up.
. These are older pics from when I bought it 2 years ago I will upload some recent ones soon.

Welcome to the forums. That's a good looking truck with lots of potential.

2KGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, I love this beast. Here are some updated pics from today in the parking lot at work. Like I said she needs some serious TLC but its nothing a little time an effort can't fix.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update.
Start

Now

sent from your moms house

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hello eveyrone,
Oooooh. Nice truck. 6.5 and budget are not synonymous. Just so you know. I'm not wishing anything bad on you. I'm Actually hoping the truck turns out to be one of those diamond in the rough ones that somehow have none of the problems everyone else has.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you so much for your efforts and service to this wonderful and currently mislead nation. None of y'all hear that enough.

Welcome to the forums. That's a good looking truck with lots of potential.

Lots of potential....... If you have deep pockets.
Update.
Start

Now

Wow. That's quite the change. What's with the box decals. I've got a little voice telling me that you had explained them once already awhile back bit I could be wrong.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what it stands for. We were on the side of summit in reno when I took it. Got the hood while we were at a car show and put it on before we left. Not bad for 115 dollars

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And thank you guys on the compliments