The life and Times of my 1988 c1500 lwb 2wd-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyRocket

Reaction score
You may have to have a few posts before you can post pictures. Why not tell us a little about yourself and the truck? Welcome to the forum.
Thanks. Sounds fair.

My name is Josh. I'm a classic car enthusiast. I got my first classic when I was 20 or so. It was a 1972 Plymouth satellite Sebring with the 318. I put an intake and carb combo from summit on to it and drove it for a while. I wound up trading it to a friend who could no longer drive his Dodge Charger around because the cops all knew what it looked like. I turned wrenches on the Charger for a while. It was a 1972 SE with the 400 slap shifter and factory 4bbl bulge hood and a 3.73 sure grip. It was plum crazy purple and black with super dark tint. It ran on 295/50r15's. Those were days. I don't have any decent pictures from those days. You guys remember back before cell phones. I got out of it and bought a 1968 Plymouth satellite. It was a 383 2bbl car with 3 speed auto on the column and AC. A big 2 door grocery getter for grandma. It had those unmistakable bullet turn signals on the fenders, bench seat and bias plys. My son was young and we took it to car shows. That was when I bought the Chevy.
I started a lawn mowing company and needed a truck to pull a 12 foot trailer. So I bought the truck. I never named it anything except the black truck. It was amazing. Single cab, long wheel base, Silverado, low miles, power everything. It was ridiculously fast. When I bought it the truck had highway gears and a shift kit. It would hit 3rd so hard I could hear the band snap. I had been told by the original owner that he had a corvette servo installed. I fell in love with it. I started hauling trailers and mulch with it. The truck would take anything I could throw at it. I could work it all day wash it up and take it out on the town at night. It ran great until I decided to trailer a rental bobcat back with it. I should have known just looking at the back bumper almost on the ground that it was a mistake. Not long after I had the transmission rebuilt and traded the 2.73 for a 3.42. I used it commercially for a few years. Had the 350 rebuilt . Then is sat outside for a few more. My dad borrowed it for a couple years. When my son grew up he drove it for as few more. I only got it back from him a few weeks ago. My son has enough projects what with the youngster and all. So I took the truck back. I sold a 1976 455 4 speed trans am that I bought and had some money left over. I decided to restore the black truck. That's where I am now. The truck has 274k miles on it and is still trucking like a youngster. At some point during my story The truck was in an accident. When I had it repaired it got repainted. At that time I decided to get rid of the 2-tone color and go all black. The base/clear was removed and it got a great acrylic enamel paint that it is still rocking today. I am amazed at how rust free the truck is. Besides rust in the usual spots behind the cab it is in great shape. This is also after sitting in the worst places for many years (under trees, in the grass, etc. ) Ridden hard and put up wet. Recently I have decided to retire it from work. I didn't know anything about the OBS craze until a few months ago. The other day at a shop getting the new tires one of the mechanics asked me," Do you know what this is?" he was smiling ear to ear. I never thought people would seek me out and say "nice truck!" By this time I knew what he meant. I said "Yes. I know what this is. Its an OBS Chevy!"
I am glad to see the enormous community of truck owners and this great website. I find that compared to the Mopars, Chevy parts are plentiful, come in every shade from mild to wild and are not over priced. I have a pretty long list of updates planned. Some have already happened. I would like to learn how to blog and post my experiences. I figure this is a pretty good place to start.