The Forest Fox 99 burb.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I bought this 1999 Suburban from my buddy the other week for $1500. It has around 252k miles but only like 70k on the crate engine that was brand new when they put it in. It has a few areas of major wear and tear. It has a crushed rear driver side corner under the taillight. Also a big rust circle forming on the 2nd passenger side door. Otherwise its a decent burb.

You must be registered for see images attach

I've already put the double screen rear view mirror in and the Escalade gauges(which have 257k miles on em).

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a good starting point. Plans for it beyond the regular maintenance?

I need to pick up a set of Escalade gauges for mine at some point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my main plan for it is nothing radical. I want to colormatch the grille and bumpers but i bought the wrong color paint today. I'm going to be fixing the brakes they are a little squishy atm. the steering wheel sits like 30 degrees to the right, so i need to figure out why its doing that. Lastly for now is get the exhaust leak taken care of.

As for the eclb, needs a new engine, tranny, and the rest of the drivetrain yet. front axle leak back axle leak etc. I plan on using the burb to pick up pieces and parts for the other fox. :p

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The difference is very subtle but i dont like it, so i'm going to find the right color tomorrow hopefully. Does oReillys or anywhere have spray cans that are color coded?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oreilly and Advanced have the Duplicolor paint that has the codes but I'm not sure if that's what your looking for or not.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Looks like a decent burb! And I just saw a clean set of buckets for it at a junkyard in PA that would have matched perfectly. Wish i would have known, I'd have grabbed them.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oreilly and Advanced have the Duplicolor paint that has the codes but I'm not sure if that's what your looking for or not.

if its the same color imma try em out.

Looks like a decent burb! And I just saw a clean set of buckets for it at a junkyard in PA that would have matched perfectly. Wish i would have known, I'd have grabbed them.

Damn if you run across them again let me know if they are still there (both powered and heated) and the price that would be awesome!!!