The first move California to Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well heading out tomorrow morning at 6am from La Verne California to Killeen Texas. I thought this would go good here on this forum section. without a load the back of the truck sits about an inch or two above the back. i have no idea what it weighs but i know there is at least 1500 LBS in tools in the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_20140422_180911_823.jpg
    IMG_20140422_180911_823.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 75

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Sweet truck man and good luck on the trip

sent from my outdated S3

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It should i much rather attempt it with that tranny than the 60e

sent from my outdated S3

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True. I just need to get the wife to stay out of 5th/over drive when shes driving. haha. I did find a trick with the early model NV3500 when going into reverse it grinds all the time but if you shift into 5th/overdrive then strait down into reverse it dose not grind. I was told by an old timer that the early models of the NV3500's did not have reverse sincro's.

joshuaberman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What brings you to Killeen? Military?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No not in the military. My best friend/brother is stationed at fort hood and me and my wife are moving in with him off base. Its time for me to start a faimly and i already got a job paying double what I'm making now. Plus i can get the same size house out there for 1/5 of the cost.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
It should i much rather attempt it with that tranny than the 60e

sent from my outdated S3

x2! Good luck on the trip!

I know all too well how stressful moving is, especially long distance. The past ten years I've moved 13 times among Kentucky, New Mexico, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Texas. lol My last move from NM to KY killed the 60E in my Z towing a U-haul, but that was being stupid (and young) trying to hold 75-80 across windy Oklahoma :p

I love that area around Killeen, very pretty country. I'd much rather be there than here in Houston!

joshuaberman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not in the military. My best friend/brother is stationed at fort hood and me and my wife are moving in with him off base. Its time for me to start a faimly and i already got a job paying double what I'm making now. Plus i can get the same size house out there for 1/5 of the cost.

I feel ya. My mother has been selling real estate here since the 80's and I work on Ft. Hood myself, so welcome to the area. Enjoy Texas.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after making it thriugh 3 states my battery decided to take a turn for the worst at the last rest stop I was at. Thankfully a trucker gave me a jump because there was nothing around for at least 75 miles. At a dairy queen now and I should be in killeen in a few hours. Noticed some oil on the trans case tho. Gotta check that out still