The Center Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey916

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw earlier in the thread that some people had jump seats from a conversion company, but never mentioned what the company was. Does anyone have one and our know where to get one? I've found a couple but sellers refused to sell without dr/pas seats.
There is a dude on YouTube who makes seat conversations for all the seats after our year ill try finding his page and ill give you the info

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a dude on YouTube who makes seat conversations for all the seats after our year ill try finding his page and ill give you the info
Probably obs outpost. If it's them, the center jump seats don't fit with the stock captains chairs. You'd have to buy a full front seat set.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Judging by where it sits in my crewcab it will probaby fit but you miget not be able to use the rear bracket. Not that it is strictly needed but you do need 2-3 inches clearance in the rear no matter what to get it in place before you slide it forward And of course the rear cup holders and likely the lighter are going to be a no go.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
After every thing the town and country console wound up being about 3/8 inch too tall no mater how I shaved it to truly fit right.

so last week I bought a grey denali console with sub and fit it, and today/ tonight, I pulled it back out and upgraded it with cannabalized LED lighting in cubby and the cup holders from prior console, and an apple lightning cable into the factory knockout grommet for the upper cubby. I also wired it up with a 4 pin connector on the left side for power, ground amd speaker +/-, and a short usb extension on the right side. This way if I ever need to remove it (like for new carpet) I can easily, or if I ever need to replace the cable, the join is right under the cup holders and easily accessible by just removing the console top amd cubby, and not the entire console.

oh and I stripped it down to pure parts & after sanding down the plasticizer layer on the leather, and washing the entire thing with alcohol, resprayed it to lt neutral SEM to match the dash and Escalade bezel.

You must be registered for see images attach

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After every thing the town and country console wound up being about 3/8 inch too tall no mater how I shaved it to truly fit right.

so last week I bought a grey denali console with sub and fit it, and today/ tonight, I pulled it back out and upgraded it with cannabalized LED lighting in cubby and the cup holders from prior console, and an apple lightning cable into the factory knockout grommet for the upper cubby. I also wired it up with a 4 pin connector on the left side for power, ground amd speaker +/-, and a short usb extension on the right side. This way if I ever need to remove it (like for new carpet) I can easily, or if I ever need to replace the cable, the join is right under the cup holders and easily accessible by just removing the console top amd cubby, and not the entire console.

oh and I stripped it down to pure parts & after sanding down the plasticizer layer on the leather, and washing the entire thing with alcohol, resprayed it to lt neutral SEM to match the dash and Escalade bezel.

I wish i could find one in such nice shape as that

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Lol. It wasn’t. It was so ugly I almost didn’t buy it. Especially since it is missing the rear cupholder. But I figured since I was painting it anyway how ugly and coffee/dirt/ garbage encrusted amd peel-ey it was didn’t matter.

if the soft touch/factory paint/coating is peeling, pressure washer and scotchbrite type pads can make short work of removing it.

edit: the idea with the short extension wound up being a bust. It interferes with CarPlay amd Causes it to drop out or not connect about 1/2 the time, so I will pull the extension and short 3ft cable back out and install a 6ft cable again to solve that.

just a heads up since it appeared to work fine in testing and then wound up being a problem.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Pic of the cup holder lighting retrofit Using edgelit fiber optic cable I had left over from lighting my f31’s center channel speaker a la B&O

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
My truck is a 91 regular cab. I'm putting buckets in and I have a console as well. Does the center console have specific mounts or does it just bolt to the floor? Also, my console was from an extended cab. Is there a way to level it out?

OverNomad1955

Reaction score
Ill throw in my esky console. Any way to order just the latch for the notepad part?
did you have to modify the console to make it fit? also what about the mounting brackets? did you have to make your own
Ill throw in my esky console. Any way to order just the latch for the notepad part?
did you have to modify the console to make it fit? also what about the mounting brackets? did you have to make your own?