The Center Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OverNomad1955

Reaction score
Here's a few photos of a Cadillac Escalade Console and lighting upgrade that I did recently on my 1998 C1500. SEM paint was used to change the console from beige to gray and the armrest from beige to black. Very pleased with the results.
did you have to modify the console to make it fit? also what about the mounting brackets? did you have to make your own?

Night Bomber

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for slow response.

The Escalade console itself did not require modification to mount into my C1500. I did need to make a couple of spacers to run the mounting bolts through to tighten things down. When I get around to it I hope to stiffen the mounting brackets a bit more. It is very secure but it has a slight wobble when the low profile wheels fall into a bump in the road.

Just picky here.

BigReb95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t think I posted my center console on here. I bought one cheap at a yard out of a F150 a few years back. It was brown and scuffed up and grimy. I took it all apart, cleaned every piece, installed lights and a couple usb outlets inside, put it together and painted to match. I like it cuz of the massive room inside it. It fit perfectly between the seats with very little modification, bolted up nice. The cup holders were a plus as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0554.jpeg
    IMG_0554.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0555.jpeg
    IMG_0555.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 78

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t think I posted my center console on here. I bought one cheap at a yard out of a F150 a few years back. It was brown and scuffed up and grimy. I took it all apart, cleaned every piece, installed lights and a couple usb outlets inside, put it together and painted to match. I like it cuz of the massive room inside it. It fit perfectly between the seats with very little modification, bolted up nice. The cup holders were a plus as well.
Wow!!! What year F150? Do you remember? I would love to do this with a set of buckets.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
This is the exact one I've been wanting to stuff in my Burb. Any chance you could do a write-up on it?

BigReb95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow!!! What year F150? Do you remember? I would love to do this with a set of buckets.
I believe it was out of a 2008-2010 F150 body style.

Yeah that actually looks good in there, about the same shade of gray as the seats. No big gaps beside the console to stick junk in either....my pet peeve on the Burb.
Yes its definitely an upgrade from that skinnier lower broken console I had with no cup holders or room for anything. My seats have the armrests on them, but it’s nice to keep them up for more room and use the console lid for an armrest.

This is the exact one I've been wanting to stuff in my Burb. Any chance you could do a write-up on it?

Absolutely, I have pictures of the little project I’ll have to find them and do a write up for you guys.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Hey everyone so picked up a little something for you guys and gals that are in need or want some type of center console or something extra that I think will fit under the dash area between the foot wells. $25 plus shipping if interested cup holders aren’t too big but will hold cans for sure! Lol and is a cooler too with hard foam inside I’ve cleaned it up so it’s ready to be used instantly!! Here’s pics 2 dirty ones and 3 cleaned ones lol any questions please feel free to ask or message me
You must be registered for see images attach