The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hhhmmm like a square plate to serve as a washer basically?

good info I want to throw on a body lift once I get some bigger tires, so getting all the info I can helps.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
see i plan on keeping my 33's for a little while yet, and probably wont go any larger due to regearing costs and mileage, i want a little more offroad capability, for when i do get new tires lol. i see 90% road as well. so i know i dont need a susp lift, and i already ahve the body lift.. so i figure mabye some of you guys can talk me outta the suspension for now lol.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hhhmmm like a square plate to serve as a washer basically?

good info I want to throw on a body lift once I get some bigger tires, so getting all the info I can helps.

Pretty much the idea of it. I think the rear drivers side rear one needs to be rounded to fit into place good. I do see LMC sells replacement panels for the body mounts which is a good thing to know.

see i plan on keeping my 33's for a little while yet, and probably wont go any larger due to regearing costs and mileage, i want a little more offroad capability, for when i do get new tires lol. i see 90% road as well. so i know i dont need a susp lift, and i already ahve the body lift.. so i figure mabye some of you guys can talk me outta the suspension for now lol.

Sounds like a body lift will be perfect for you.

llmacgregor

Reaction score
Got my body lift last night, i did the bed lol... the top of the tailgate is up to my chin and im 6ft, now im gonna go onto the cab this morning, Everything went pretty smooth...ir took me about 2.5 hours by myself. I like the plate idea for the cab body mount! ill fab some of those up for both rear cab mounts. Has anyone made their own rear bumper relocaters?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it was told alot that the inner rear bumper bracket could be rotated 180 and swapped sides and work, a few have claimed this, but nobody has ever shown pics to prove it. I couldn't figure it out when I had mine off. I don't have a BL though, yet. The outers are easy just need like a strap about 6 inches long I guess and about 4 holes in it. The outers would raise with the bumper, but the straps bolt to them then to the frame in the riginal location, same as the bumper raising kit.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my body lift last night, i did the bed lol... the top of the tailgate is up to my chin and im 6ft, now im gonna go onto the cab this morning, Everything went pretty smooth...ir took me about 2.5 hours by myself. I like the plate idea for the cab body mount! ill fab some of those up for both rear cab mounts. Has anyone made their own rear bumper relocaters?

On my old truck with the 3" bodylift I had notched the rear bumper brackets so that the top hole would go into the bottom hole of the bumper. Would not recomend towing at all with it since bumper only held in with 2 bolts vs. 4 bolts.

llmacgregor

Reaction score
Well, Im 90% done. Got the lift on bolted up nice and tight, front bumper mounted solid, fuel filler hose good, ebrake, trans and transfer case linkage, ect.

The only complaint i have was the vagueness of the instructions, other then that it wasn't too bad, It was my first time and it took me a total of 8 hours to do by myself so far. Gonna put some more time in tomorrow.

I have to figure out to mount the rear bumper right (Ill try rotating the existing mounts to see if it works) and if i get success ill post pics of how i did it. I have to make gap guards, weld the support blocks under the bed, and undercoat the frame rails under the cab. Ill post some pics tomorrow. :grd:

llmacgregor

Reaction score
Ok, I undercoated the frame, and mounted the rear bumper. Rotating the mounts didn't look like it was going to work. Here are some pics.

BEFORE:

You must be registered for see images attach

AFTER:

BUMPER MOUNTING:

Relocation Plates in place

Tacked bumper mount so i could get holes spot on.

The lower bolt goes through the frame not just the plate so its somewhat solid.

I bolted the plates together and drilled them so they were both the same, then welded them to the frame. Everything seems solid and straight.
Time for a green beer! Happy St Patty's day folks.

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where'd ya get them bracket? or plates if you will, they come in the kit or did you make em?

They look like the ones in the kit I thought were for the front outer bracket?