The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boom18

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 2003 chevy performance accessories 3 inch body lift and i have a 1998 chevy. I kno tha blocks will fit but wut bout tha steering extension and front and back bumper brackets.

Jason

Reaction score
so out of the many pages on this entire thread, i read the first 4, and the last 4, so if i missed anything in between i apologize.....

BUT...

i've heard bad things about body lifts. right now i have some money saved up for new tires for my truck.. only problem is, i really want some 35's or 36's, maybe 37's if i can afford them! only problem is, my 95 silverado sits at stock stance with 33' mickey thompson baja radials.

i definatley want to lift it more than 3 inches in the future for sure, i'd love a suspension lift, but right now i want the extra height to compensate the large tires i wanna get already.

so all of you with JUST a body lift and no suspension lift too, how does your ride differ from the stock stance? would it be worth spending the money for a BL?? or no because it changes everything, makes the mpg a lot worse..? im just curious about the draw backs to a BL compared to the positives

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ride doesn't change with a body lift. There's no suspension change. Maybe a bit more top heavy but that would be about it.

Only real draw backs to it I would think is the frame showing and gap, but if you get the gap gaurds or make some and raise the bumpers that helps alot, then maybe side steps.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ride doesn't change with a body lift. There's no suspension change. Maybe a bit more top heavy but that would be about it.

Only real draw backs to it I would think is the frame showing and gap, but if you get the gap gaurds or make some and raise the bumpers that helps alot, then maybe side steps.

^^^ this. Gap guards, bumper brackets, and some rock-sliders/step-bars/N-Fabs really do make a difference.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" BL, 2" Block/Crank, 33x12.5x15
You must be registered for see images attach

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here ya go
attachment.php

love the headlight covers!!! i need to get some new ones! haha

llmacgregor

Reaction score
Hey folks, nice rigs on this thread. Gives me some inspiration!!! I got an 89 K-1500 reg cab short box...GMC Grille lol. Currently it has 3 inch front Rancho lift and rear add a leaf kit, Rancho RS5000's all around and 35"/12.50/R15 BFG all terrains. I want to go a little higher and i think i body lift would do that for me. Here is one i found, seems to be a good value and have all the neccisary bits and pieces to do it right. Let me know what you think of this kit?

http://www.partstrain.com/basket.php?add_item_id=6590355&cartLoc=Product Detail Page&prodSlot=

I will be buying a BL tonight....If anyone has a better suggestion i would appretiate it.

Thanks

here is how it sits now

Last edited:

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck, will really look good with the body lift. That Performance Accessory kit is one of the best and most poppular ones.

EDIT: Since replied to this thread might as well add a pic of my truck with a 1.5" body lift. I cut down 3" blocks, cut and re-welded the 3" front bumper brackets, flipped tow hooks and made gap gaurds.