The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so your saying while lifting your bed, your frame was stuck to it and it came up with the bed?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
so your saying while lifting your bed, your frame was stuck to it and it came up with the bed?

No the weight coming off the frame causes the frame to rise and its making it so I cant get the body spacer inbetween the frame and the bed. How did you lift your bed, where did you put the jacks and stuff?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got some ratchet straps or come along? or maybe just a chain and a way to secure it, let it down chain the rear end and frame together and then try again? When or if I do mine I think I'll just cherry picker the bed maybe?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
got some ratchet straps or come along? or maybe just a chain and a way to secure it, let it down chain the rear end and frame together and then try again? When or if I do mine I think I'll just cherry picker the bed maybe?

Cherry picker on the bed would probably cause your bed to shift and you will lose the hole you need to put the bolt in from the frame, thats why you leave one side of the bolts in and take the other sides out.

Good suggestions strapping frame to rear axle, Im going to go try that in a minute, Im waiting for anyone else's suggestions, anyone got any more?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea I figured that much but was thinking use it to lift one side at a time instead of all of it lol. Do like you said and the directions, loosen all remove only the side you are working on putting spacers on.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just had my buddy lift the side of my bed while i slid the lift in

i never had a problem with the truck coming up when lifting the bed

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just had my buddy lift the side of my bed while i slid the lift in

i never had a problem with the truck coming up when lifting the bed

i did the same...except i had to lift the bed

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Come to find out, the retarded ass directions said there is 6 bed bolts for a short box, and 8 for a long box, well THERE IS 8 FOR A SHORT BOX. Trucks done, whoever said that you can flip your rear bumper bracket, show us pictures/how to do it, or shut the **** up.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
o yes i forgot about that

there is the 2 bolts just above the hitch...i forgot i ran into the problem and fought it for a few hrs on why it wouldnt come off

and the center 2 brackets can be flipped upside down and side to side and they are supposed to work

you can not do the same with the outer brackets though

i could have done it but one bolt that holds its it on holds the leaf brackets on and i didnt want to mess with that or with my hitch hanging down