The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaseyjones74

Reaction score
My project 1991 k1500 3" body with keys cranked so I have 4.5" in the front. running 33" tires on 20x10 rims that are highly offset. So I had to trim bumper and fender.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Seriously. Thinking about a 3" and 33s this winter...hmmm gotta find some used 33s...off to craigslist!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
My project 1991 k1500 3" body with keys cranked so I have 4.5" in the front. running 33" tires on 20x10 rims that are highly offset. So I had to trim bumper and fender.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also have 33/12.5r20 tires and 2in spacers

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what they have done to the rear cab mounts on the frame to fix the sag? Mine have let the factory bushings fall through. I want to bl, but don't know what to do about the cab mounts? Please help!

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The washer would be the easiest, you can also make them out of 1/8" plate, I would do all 4 cab mounts since the fronts wont be much better, After the body lift put some plates on top of the passenger side pucks to keep them from going through the floor, the driverside has extra plating from the factory and doesn't seem to have the same problem.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
You Need a large washer to weld onto the bracket here is a link for a washer with a large enough hole in the middle like the factory bracket

http://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=11096

Adam

The washer would be the easiest, you can also make them out of 1/8" plate, I would do all 4 cab mounts since the fronts wont be much better, After the body lift put some plates on top of the passenger side pucks to keep them from going through the floor, the driverside has extra plating from the factory and doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. I figured something along those lines would work. I read this entire thread last night, gathering all of the info I can.

Does anyone have pictures of the fixed mounts and/or the plates on top of the body mount pucks?

And would I be able to get away with 33x12.50s on 10" wide wheels with a 2" bl and cranked level? Even if some bumper trimming was needed?

I have a 2" block and cranked to level, I would like to ditch the block and crank it down a bit.

In wv, a body lift or block in the rear requires a modified inspection sticker. I have access to a regular sticker if I only run a 2" body lift. I would like to keep to a regular sticker. Makes my life a lot easier.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You should be able to run 33's like that

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking into a body lift. One for sale on cl. My question is isit the same bl for reg cab and ext cab?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk