The bagged Burb project..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but what does rear heat and air have to do with bagging it?

For the rear to go down all the way, you have to tub the back for the wheels. The rear air box has to be removed in order to tub the body.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'll take your word for it since I dunno what you're talking about. I mean, I know what you mean by tubbing the rear, I just dunno where the rear air box is located to visualize the issue.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'll take your word for it since I dunno what you're talking about. I mean, I know what you mean by tubbing the rear, I just dunno where the rear air box is located to visualize the issue.

Behind that big honkin' chunk of plastic and carpet covering the rear passenger side corner of the GMT400 Suburban interior.

Richard

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Sorry to the OP for derailing a bit on a nice burb build.

But here is a pic showing the airbox. It is circled.

You must be registered for see images attach

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I didnt mean for you to post a picture.
And I wouldnt consider this terribly derailed, it is still bagged burb related.
But I see what you mean.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Yeah the rear heat/ac is gone. The things a guy has to sacrifice for more low... But it's a disease haha

Some specs on this thing.. It's about an inch or 2 from laying out on a 29" tire. Have to notch for tie rods up front still. It was air ride tech strong arms with the cool ride link bars and weld on mounting kit. Plans are to run dual viair 480 compressors with an 8 gallon tank. Got some new rust free front fenders to throw on it as well.

Last edited: