The Arctic Fox Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I've been a guest on gmt400.com for a couple months and finally got the motivation today since I'm sitting at home with the stomach flu, but anyway I bought my 1989 Chevy K1500 when i was 18 years old in late July 2009. Me and my cousin saw the truck rusting away, pushed up against some shed behind some guys house, Me and my cousin noticed it at the same time and said 'that would be awesome to have.' I really wish I had taken a picture of it sitting where i had seen it sitting, it had green mold growing up the fenders, and had the sap all over it, haha. One day I saw the guy outside his garage so I asked him if he would sell it he said 'sure but it don't run and I think the coolant is leaking into the oil.' I had another engine in my 1990 Chevy that I knocked over a telephone pole with, so i wasn't worried 'bout the engine. After hauling it across town to my dad's buddy's shop, we drained the oil and coolant and let it sit in a glass jar overnight to let the oil and coolant separate, if there was coolant in the oil, which there wasn't. So we put new oil and coolant and tried starting it it started up right away, but bogged down and died. We messed with it for a while and found out it ran fine warm but didn't cold so he replaced the cold start sensor and it started and ran like new. I drove it home and took some pictures, but not before I transferred everything else from my other truck and a good washing.
You must be registered for see images attach

I eventually got some money together since I had gotten a new job in 2009, so I bought a 6” Rough Country Suspension Lift. I bought my buddies rims and tires he didn’t like on his truck for $300. But all of us knew it’s because 31’s were a little too big for a stock suspension truck especially his. I also had my grille guard on my old truck put on by then too.

While going to college, I found an identical 2wd version of mine visor and everything. Also had new cab corners put on.

I then traded my tool box for a roll bar and then bought my cousins KC light bar for $100. Also bought some fender flares and fixed the rusted fender wells.

Last edited:

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
January or February of 2012 I started the project of sanding the Fox. Since I had hardly any time because of school and work it took until August for it to be paint booth ready.

By then my license had run out, so we decided to just haul it there. My truck filled up the entire gooseneck trailer.

Self-Etching on but found some more dents that we quickly fixed.

Then the sealer,

Bottom Midnight Blue Metallic,

Then the Silver Metallic,

Then the top blue portion,

While my truck was in the auto body shop, my car wasn’t fairing so good outside the shop in some weather that wasn’t that bad or windy really….

The Finished Paint Job. Now I need a new grill and parking light and I’m thinking about hooking some LED sidemarkers on the side mirrors. Anybody have any suggestions about smoked or clear parking lights and color matched grill or keep it all chrome please message me your suggestions what would probably look best and any links of anything would be appreciated.

Last edited:

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been a while since an update. BTW, these are old updates but, need to keep the story up to date.

Since the paint job, I've added a new grille, with everything being LED'ed. Here's a few pics.

All the running lights are LED except for the main parking lamps.

Plus the new grille:

with the grille guard: (how it looks currently.)

And also the PITA door panel swap.

Last update to the girl was this past December, which was pretty much a roof over her head.

Since then I've added a new project. "The House" Me and ma mum :rofl: included in is the new garage that the fox is in in the previous picture. If y'all want, I've got some good stories behind the house if y'all are interested.