Tech: Every possible dash switch for GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder...if I could stack 4 of the smaller switches(fog/cargo/aux switches) in my Yukon. I don't have the airbag switch or the rear wiper/hatch release buttons....
You must be registered for see images attach

Not gonna lie, if you can pull that off, IMO, it'd look pretty sweet and pretty stock. Plus, that's FOUR switches! CRAZINESS!

Just go to a pick n pull and grab those switches. They aren't worth more than a few bucks. $25 is way too much.
I'll take your word for it. We really don't have a lot of boneyards/junkyards/pick-n-pulls around here. The only one we really have tries to strip you of your paycheck. I'll keep looking and maybe take a road-trip with some buddies to a pick-n-pull. Thanks! I'll pretty much have to look for a 'burban with a backwindow wiper to find the retainer bezel I want.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Sorry if I missed it but what is the AUX LIGHTS switch out of?
police tahoe, mounts to the left of the steering wheel
They were also in any vehicle with the snow plow prep package.

I wonder...if I could stack 4 of the smaller switches(fog/cargo/aux switches) in my Yukon. I don't have the airbag switch or the rear wiper/hatch release buttons....
I THINK I tried that and it was JUST a little too small to fit them without more cutting. I'll take another look though and let you guys know.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
They were also in any vehicle with the snow plow prep package.

I THINK I tried that and it was JUST a little too small to fit them without more cutting. I'll take another look though and let you guys know.

Not going to find any snow plows around here. :)

As I was shopping that pic I noticed it might be slightly too small to fit 4 of them in there. I think a little sanding and I could jam 4 of them in there.

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 4 switches would be badass. Ive got the fog switch in the lower port, a cargo light switch in the middle port and a blank in the top port. I plan to use the cargo switch to run my off road lights when i get them (through a relay of course). The aux light switch would be way sweet though

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 4 switches would be badass. Ive got the fog switch in the lower port, a cargo light switch in the middle port and a blank in the top port. I plan to use the cargo switch to run my off road lights when i get them (through a relay of course). The aux light switch would be way sweet though

I'm jealous. lol. All it would take is another OEM rocker switch for my vertical retainer and I'd be content. Thats pretty much my exact plan as well. one cargo switch for fog/off-road lights up front and another OEM rocker (cargo, fog, aux, whatever switch I can get my hands on that's clean) for my utility interior lighting.

I just measured, 4 of them would be about 3/16" too long to fit.
Because of the mount behind the switch or because of the switch bezels?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I'm jealous. lol. All it would take is another OEM rocker switch for my vertical retainer and I'd be content. Thats pretty much my exact plan as well. one cargo switch for fog/off-road lights up front and another OEM rocker (cargo, fog, aux, whatever switch I can get my hands on that's clean) for my utility interior lighting.

Just look for a cargo light switch. Every pickup had them. Stay away from rear hatch switches, they are momentary.

The bezel recess isn't tall enough.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just look for a cargo light switch. Every pickup had them.
Good point. lol.

Stay away from rear hatch switches, they are momentary.
That is VERY nice to know. I'm pretty sure I'd be one disappointed/pissed-off feller when I wire everything up nice and pretty, flip the switch and face-palm.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
VVV
The bezel recess isn't tall enough.

Yup. If you took 4 cargo switches stacked they are about 3/16" too big to fit. Nevermind the clips and retainers, they wouldn't work anyway...

I just had a derp moment. I forgot that the fog switches take up one of the larger spots whereas a cargo takes the smaller one and you wouldn't be able to stack 4 switches with a fog in the mix.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Made a JY run today. Snagged 5 cargo switches and manged to find a pigtail for a vertical fog light in a denali.

Here is the pigtails I grabbed from the denali, I couldn't remember which one it was.

The far left pigtail is what you want, here is a pic of a vertical fog light switch and pigtail:

The pigtail is forsale BTW, shoot me a PM if you need it.