Tech: Every possible dash switch for GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cargo lamp switch question... the pigtail. I've looked through wiring diagrams and i even tested my pigtail with an led. The orange wire and the Blue/white wire are disconnected by the switch. My question is, what purpose do the gray and black wires serve? because they don't seem to carry any connection with the switch on or off.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Elaborate, because whatever it is that you seem to see that answers this, is invisible to me. No black and gray wires on the diagram, however, there are black and gray wires on the pigtail for the switch along with the orange and blue/white. Do they serve a purpose? An even better question. Cargo lamp switch: DPST or SPST?

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I don't know, I haven't messed with the cargo switches I pulled a few weeks ago, but the diagram only shows blue/white and orange. Not sure what the others are for. If they don't do anything then don't use them.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know, I haven't messed with the cargo switches I pulled a few weeks ago, but the diagram only shows blue/white and orange. Not sure what the others are for. If they don't do anything then don't use them.

Sorry if I came off as a dick. Had to plow the driveway and the cold outside gets a man crabby. Be grateful for your southern residence.

I was curious if anyone had hands-on experience with em and knew what exactly they were for. The more I think about it (and look at the picture of various OEM switches) I bet they are used for the Rear-Hatch switch, and GM just made one set of pigtails that fit both the Cargo switch and the Rear-Hatch.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Remember all the OEM dash switches have backlighting. So, there will always be a dashlight 12v+ and ground for each switch.

Cargo Lamp Wiring Diagram

Cargo Lamp backlight Diagram

Connector View

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remember all the OEM dash switches have backlighting. So, there will always be a dashlight 12v+ and ground for each switch.
Connector View
Ah ha...my confusion most likely is coming from the fact I have never seen a cargo switch lit up. Ever. So I can only assume that my cargo lamp backlight is burnt out? Cause I just tested it (gray 12v+, black ground/-) and nothing happened.