TBI mod questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I did the TBI mods on my TBI unit (knocked the horns off, thinned the throttle shaft) had the injectors cleaned, installed a 1/4 injector pod spacer and got a TBI spacer to go on too, is it a good idea to do the quarter mod too? Or just leave it as is

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That all depends on what your current fuel pressure is.. the quarter mod is to raise fuel pressure if needed. So you need to check your fuel pressure befor you do anything.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
if you're only getting 9 PSI, it wouldnt hurt to bump up the pressure to 13 or so, if your fuel pump has that much left in it. I used 3 5mm stainless washers in the bump of the regulator. Not quite as much as a bump as a quarter mod, but mine is solid at 12.5 PSI. Not sure what it was before, but 12.5 is good for my stock engine. I have a 454 30PSI pump I will be installing once the new engine goes in and running around 16 PSI later this year.

So yeah, see what you're running now and increase, if needed, to 13 or so PSI.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fuel pump is new, not sure how much u can get outta the stock type ones, gonna see how it runs and check it then go from there

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually, to answer this question, one would need to know not only what your FP is currently, but what other mods you may have made.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think someone told me that the 95s had the pressure turned up already

My memory said the same thing. I thought that the 95 used smaller injectors with a higher pressure to deliver the same amount of fuel but with better atomization. I could be wrong though.