TBI INJECTOR ISSUES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
as I look at the forum I see a lot of TBI "slobbering" issue posts. here is my 10 cents on the issue

I havent ran a TBI in years but I do know one thing, when they came out there was no E10 or E anything fuel around these parts. the "E" fuels are exceedingly hard on rubber and seals in the older fuel systems. everyone running these systems should be prepared to be working on the stuff as the hoses breakdown, it could possibly stick in the injectors and hold them open.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what kinda hoses are going to break down? The front are flex lines that are braided are they rubber inside? I know mine only has a short piece of rubber on each back at the tank.

I also hear ppl say over and over about ethanol breaking down rubber, but we've had rubber fuel lines on carbs setups for years and no issues.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's supposed to, but I think with the max at 10%, it's not doing much damage. Been on it in my area for about 2 or 3 years now, my truck hasn't had problems. Heck, my best friend daily drives a '77 Hornet, even it's never had a problem and most of its fuel system is original.