Tbi edelbrock intake manifold ? Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I sold my 2003 with a 4.8l @ 453,000 miles and it had never been opened up. It got 18.75 MPG every tank too! There are reasons the "LS" swaps are so popular. I would do a hair-dried 4.8 in both my duallys if funds allowed. But TPI small block and maybe a turbo later is the currant plan.:cool:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
When I first looked into LS-swapping my '94 it just started to seem overwhelming to me. I hate wiring work. I also didn't want to tackle the big learning curve of tuning, and it was difficult to find someone to trust to do it for me.

Then I made the mistake of buying someone else's swap job, a '97 Suburban with an LS1. It ran and drove.. kinda? Freakin' nightmare of a harness hack under the hood and it surged like a maniac at stoplights. Chased the problem for a little while with no success; sold it with full disclaimer of how it acted.

Figured the best route was to buy a truck that was already LS-powered from GM, grabbed an '06 Silverado SS. Nice trucks, lots of features, decently powered in stock form. Gotta say all these years later I still am not in love with the truck and I've put nearly 60K miles on it.

So it looks like my next project will probably be an LS-swapped GMT400, LOL, guess I have some learning to do...maybe I'll do a 6.1 Hemi swap instead.

Richard

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sold my 2003 with a 4.8l @ 453,000 miles and it had never been opened up. It got 18.75 MPG every tank too! There are reasons the "LS" swaps are so popular. I would do a hair-dried 4.8 in both my duallys if funds allowed. But TPI small block and maybe a turbo later is the currant plan.:cool:

There is literally NO LS including the mighty LS7 that produces torque @3000RPM like a TPI smallblock with good heads

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is literally NO LS including the mighty LS7 that produces torque @3000RPM like a TPI smallblock with good heads

Um, the 6.2 L86 destroys any TPI or TBI or Vortec stock for stock anywhere on the tq or hp curves.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
These Summit Racing heads are made by Trick Flow - 170cc intake runner, 62cc chamber for a little more CR, slant plugs, with 2.02/1.60" valves. Pretty cheap (relative term) at ~$1100/pair

I have the 3704 intake manifold which I bored out to 48mm (instead of 1-11/16" or 42.8mm) to fit my bored 46mm TB better. It works fine but, anymore they're getting expensive. As suggested above a dual plane square bore intake and a good quality adapter would work.

I think that's right on par with what I put on, well, had installed.

Interesting, I was told you cannot bore the throttle bores out any larger than they are. I bought my manifold nearly two decades ago, back then I think they were <$300. Not even sure what they go for these days, figured they didn't make them any more.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was told you cannot bore the throttle bores out any larger than they are.
Here's where I got mine with flow matched injectors and an 18LB spring. I payed $503.74 3 years ago.

I bought my manifold nearly two decades ago, back then I think they were <$300. Not even sure what they go for these days, figured they didn't make them any more.
Here's the 3704 manifold. I payed $351.95 then.

FYI - I just remembered this for sale, I don't know if it's still available.
www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?10086-Intake-and-rebuilt-TBI-body

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Ouch, $430 bucks. Inflation, maan.

Good deal on that one if it's still available.

Hmm, I need a new throttle body for my truck actually. No plans to modify it yet though.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i should have one hanging around, but it might be ported to two inch holes due to me running a 454 throttle body on the small block 350...i will have to look around