Tbi backfire through intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
UPDATE!!.....
So this afternoon checked egr system out good..... after putting it back together after testing according to book, this is what I got (video).....
Leaking injectors....
But truck running better than it has in at least a year..... was idling great..... everything looked great except injectors....I don't know what I did to cause it to straighten up but it did that's all I know lol......
then.....
I decided to crack open the oil filler cap and it immediately died and can't get a restart yet....

Here's link to video

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buy only Top Tier fuel.

Dump a bottle of Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner in the tank just before filling-up, for two or three tankfuls. See what happens.
I plan to if I can get it running, but to do that is turning out to be quite the conundrum

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agree- cap off your PCV briefly and re-test. I can't think of any other thing that could cause a quit with the oil filler.
I would think that the engine being that tight would be a good thing....I took pcv back out and it is free as any new one I've ever felt..... and it holds vacuum.....
Crank vent hose is clear as a bell....

What's got me so flustered is it ran so good with the injectors dripping like in the video... instantaneous throttle response that it's never had before...... and now can't get it to even start much less run that good... from one crank to the next it just makes no sense.... yet

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
13psi fuel pressure between filter and TB....
Now no spray, dribble, nothing

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have system voltage at one wire to each injector when the key is turned to "Run"? If not, you've likely got a popped fuse.

When you have power to the injectors, install a 'noid light on one of the injector wire harnesses, see if it flashes. If it flashes, the injectors have signal to spray. If you have power to the injector, but no flashing--the computer is not commanding injectors to spray, or the wire harness is damaged.

Do you have spark? No injector spray, no spark = likely failed pickup coil or ignition module, or failed wire harness between module and ECM. Connect a scan tool and look for an RPM signal when cranking. No RPM when cranking = failed distributor parts, or failed wire harness.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333