TBI 350 to vortech 350 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
your making a tbi truck a vortec?

computer, all the accesories and basically a complete vortec drop out, harness, engine and all.

or are you trying to put tbi stuff on a vortec motor?

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know what the exact problem is but it's definitely getting all new gaskets and while I'm doing that I'm going to see if I can find the weakness

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
throwing gaskets at it would be stupid, do a compression check first then if something low keep going down the line, weak cylinder could mean a worn block, worn rings, bad piston all sorts of things gaskets wont change.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I'm hoping that it's something minor

but it's still a good idea to replace gaskets while the engine is out isn't it

If it were me I would to valve cover, rear main seal, intake gaskets etc. while its out but before any of that would fix whatever is wrong with it before dumping any money into it, would be a great time to do headers too

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Alright I'm hoping that it's something minor

but it's still a good idea to replace gaskets while the engine is out isn't it

if you have bad rings or a bad cylinder then no its not, first you need to figure out what was meant by weak cylinder, that can mean a slew of things, if you regaket the whole motor and throw it back in only to find out you have a crack in a piston or bad bore wall or bad rings its an enire waste of mpney to go back and buy more gaskets plus a new engine because that ones trashed. id say buy that one swap heads, nothing wrong with tbi your not benefitting a ton going to vortec, its more hassle than its worth in comparison.