tb to carb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have an 89 gmc pick up i am wanting to swap it over to carb and am wanting to make sure that i have covered all the steps befor i begin

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
89 should have a 700R4, so the swap is easy, basicalley you will need.

-Bypass regulator
-Carb
-HEI Dizzy
-Carb Intake
-Misc Brackets, hose, fittings.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh you're right about the 700R4....Reason for coil-in-cap/aftermarket HEI, is it's much simpler than trying to work with the stock "external coil HEI" distributor. Plus you can get better ignition curves from aftermarket. I've got the Accel HEI dist, recurved to pull 8k, but I've got a stick-shift also.

Oh hey, you're right over near me....ever make your way over to Vicksburg? I don't know what for though, this town is dead
:lol:

Last edited:

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info n yes it has a 700r4 trans. i am goin to swap the heads for vortec heads and swap cam for an rv cam wat intake and size carb would be best

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
stock with vortec heads and rv cam? run a 600, or 650cfm carb....you'll be good to go. If you're not all about gas mileage, then vacuum or mechanical secondaries is just preference, not like you're gonna have vac issues with that setup though.