Tahoe bucket seats installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do those tahoe seats fold forward as far as the old ones did? I dont have the third door so i need them to fold forward as far as possible. Currently my driver is broken & doesnt fold forward or backward any at all. Passenger is working great but if im changing one im changing both
Well, heres the thing. What I did was, I took the top off od the Tahoe passengers side, and removed the back off of my OE, seat bottom, and installed the Tahoe top, on my OE seat base. So the passengers seat, still slides forward just like it always did, but it matches the Tahoe drivers seat, with the arm rest. As for the drivers seat, well its power, so no it doesnt slide forward at all.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I have been working on my console all weekend. I got the Chevelle shifter installed. It still may need a little tweaking, but its close to finish. And yes those are LED bowties at the bottom, as courtesy lights that come on, and go off with the dome lights .
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well I have been working on my console all weekend. I got the Chevelle shifter installed. It still may need a little tweaking, but its close to finish. And yes those are LED bowties at the bottom, as courtesy lights that come on, and go off with the dome lights .

That looks really cool! Let us know how well it works out. How much further do you have to reach for the shifting as opposed to the column shift?

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That looks really cool! Let us know how well it works out. How much further do you have to reach for the shifting as opposed to the column shift?
Not much. I do have to lean forward a little to take it out of park, but once its in N Im sitting back all the way again. I think I will raise the front of the shifter a little more. That will help for the reach. I think the hardest part of the job, was removing the shifter cable off of the column. I just could not get to the top tab to release the cable. I ended up cutting the bottom of the clip that the cable goes through, with a dremel tool. I built the bracket at work after looking at a bunch of 1970ish Camaro horseshoe shifters, and base plates, ect. The only thing that is store bought, is the shifter handle it self. I built everything else myself.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
U down around houma ? Pretty sure ive seen that truck on 90 before
Im in Lafayette. I used to work offshore, but got laid off in Jan 2015. I worked out of Venice and Forchon for years. I worked on oil drilling rigs for 32 years. Been to just about every dock from Port O Conner Tx, to Mobil Bay Al. Been having the truck since 2002. Been driving it to the docks since 2010. I wont go back offshore. Ive been at Nolans Machine shop in Lafayette for 4 years. Probably going to end up retiring from there in about 7 to 10 years.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not much. I do have to lean forward a little to take it out of park, but once its in N Im sitting back all the way again. I think I will raise the front of the shifter a little more. That will help for the reach. I think the hardest part of the job, was removing the shifter cable off of the column. I just could not get to the top tab to release the cable. I ended up cutting the bottom of the clip that the cable goes through, with a dremel tool. I built the bracket at work after looking at a bunch of 1970ish Camaro horseshoe shifters, and base plates, ect. The only thing that is store bought, is the shifter handle it self. I built everything else myself.
Very cool! Where did you get the little light up Bowties?

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very cool! Where did you get the little light up Bowties?
One of the machinest I work with, makes plexiglass signs on his off time. He made them for me, and I back light them with LEDs. I cut out the place for them in the console I built with a jig saw. I made the hole a little small, and did the finish fit with a file. Then I wired the LEDs , and installed them I the slot I made. I siliconed them in place behind the plexiglass. I blasted the front of the bowties before I installed anything, to give them a frosted look. Once the light goes off, you dont notice them at all. They blend in with the console.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im in Lafayette. I used to work offshore, but got laid off in Jan 2015. I worked out of Venice and Forchon for years. I worked on oil drilling rigs for 32 years. Been to just about every dock from Port O Conner Tx, to Mobil Bay Al. Been having the truck since 2002. Been driving it to the docks since 2010. I wont go back offshore. Ive been at Nolans Machine shop in Lafayette for 4 years. Probably going to end up retiring from there in about 7 to 10 years.
Pretty good chance we ran acros each other before then. Im an e& i tech by trade but always kept a CDL. Hauled frac mud & oily water from venice / hopedale / fourchon / grand isle back to storage tanks in sorrento after the oil spill BP blowout in 09.

rest of the time i was in refineries & petrochemical. Some offshore, worked for ISC instrument & electrical for 17 yrs (the Rispone who ran for governor) before geting on with the parish. The wife’s family is from Patterson so spent alota time on hwy 90 over the yrs lol

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty good chance we ran acros each other before then. Im an e& i tech by trade but always kept a CDL. Hauled frac mud & oily water from venice / hopedale / fourchon / grand isle back to storage tanks in sorrento after the oil spill BP blowout in 09.

rest of the time i was in refineries & petrochemical. Some offshore, worked for ISC instrument & electrical for 17 yrs (the Rispone who ran for governor) before geting on with the parish. The wife’s family is from Patterson so spent alota time on hwy 90 over the yrs lol
Its always good to hear from people in your area. I worked 14 and 14 for years, and years, and years lol. Its is very posable our paths have crossed before. I dont leave town much any more. We have about 4 local car shows a week here. Ive been putting my truck in the shows. They are just a cruise in show, so all are welcome. It was a big switch going from 14&14 offshore to working in town. At 61 years old, Im getting to old for all rhe BS offshore.