Sylvania Zevo LED lights, anyone use them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strouty

Reaction score
A friend told me about them, was thinking I might try them out. They have a lifetime warranty (probably a catch, but interesting concept). It seems that the bulbs either work well with the reflector/lens or they don't. Just curious if anyone has any real world experience.

I have been thinking of replacing all my amber and red lights with them.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I use the non-ZEVO Sylvania LED's in my corner markers and tag lights. They're really nice and bright but they're on the expensive side especially the ZEVO's. I've never had a problem with mine, bought two sets like 4 years ago and haven't touched them since.

Strouty

Reaction score
I am probably going to give them a shot, they are more expensive for sure. I do need to research the warranty, as that could be the best part.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Yea because LED's will crap out eventually so I'm curious to how that works.

If you don't already know LED's are kind of dim in daylight and really bright at night, just for your information. Those ZEVO's are super bright.

Strouty

Reaction score
Do you really feel they will be dimmer during the day? I run LEDs on most of my bigger trucks, but they are standard round or oval LED fixtures with lots of LED bulbs. The only issues I have with them is in the winter, the snow does not melt off them, so you have to clean them off in certain conditions.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I have the multi LED parking lights and tail lights, here in bright and sunny Mississippi they can be kind of hard to see during direct daylight or if the sun is shining to them. Not impossible, just more difficult than regular bulbs. Just a drawback of LED's.
My GF has led bulbs in her 4runner as brake/running and they are kind of dim during the day, you can still see them to tell she's stopping but they are less bright. I'm not sure what brand they are.
Those multi LED fixtures are better in my opinion.

Strouty

Reaction score
Then maybe a mixture of LED incandescent is best. I will play around and see what looks the best. Been thinking of upgrading to all four rear reds anyways.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
If you are using LEDs in your stock tails, you will the SRCK bulb for the middle socket as a regular LED does not work. Trust me, I've done it before, I've used the Zevos. ;) Don't make the same mistake I did. Plus, they point backwards, which makes little sense to me. I think the tails are more suited for incandescents, though.

In all honesty, I wouldn't even touch your stock tails, just get some LED tails, they're like $100, well worth the investment, couldn't be happier! :D
https://www.amazon.com/SPPC-Clear-L...-4&keywords=88-98+chevy+truck+led+tail+lights

With the Sylvania's in the side markers, I've tried them and they didn't work, you need to get non-polarity bulbs as the Sylvania's are polarity sensitive (they are great!): https://www.amazon.com/Alla-Lightin...keywords=non-polarity+amber+194+alla+lighting

Now, the Sylvania LEDs are hella awesome for the interior! Instrument cluster, courtesy lighting, etc. I love them, and trust them.

It's your choice though, not saying what you should get, it's your money and truck. :)

Last edited:

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
+1 on the full LED Tails, that's your best option for tails

Everywhere else you could use whatever you would prefer

With the Sylvania's in the side markers, I've tried them and they didn't work, you need to get non-polarity bulbs as the Sylvania's are polarity sensitive (they are great!): https://www.amazon.com/Alla-Lightin...keywords=non-polarity+amber+194+alla+lighting

I've heard this before that they wouldn't work for some people?
I've put some in three different trucks in the corners and never had a single problem.
Weird

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
+1 on the full LED Tails, that's your best option for tails

Everywhere else you could use whatever you would prefer

I've heard this before that they wouldn't work for some people?
I've put some in three different trucks in the corners and never had a single problem.
Weird
Yeah it is weird. For some reason they didn't work for me, I put it in one way, worked with the headlights off, but I switch on the headlights, it wouldn't flash. Flipped it and did the opposite. Bought those other bulbs, and they worked like a charm. :shrug: