Instrument clusters lights wont turn on after led swapping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What style cluster is it?
Is it this type? What are the bulbs you're using?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Diego916

Reaction score
What style cluster is it?
Is it this type? What are the bulbs you're using?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yeah I have the moonie cluster and those are the leds that i bought from that are in the description of the video.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mystery for sure... Are the little contacts on the new bulbs tweaked or something? Maybe the tolerances are off and they need to be adjusted?
I have the other style dash. Only issue I had was the mating surface of the new sockets wasn't making contact as well as the originals. I think, similar to a carbon potentiometer, after sitting in the same spot forever, the contact surface only had a narrow area until it was worked at for a little....but idk

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do I adjust the tolerance?
I'd guess there are little metal pins on the bulbs that could be finessed out a bit or, maybe inside the sockets themselves there would be contact points that could be pulled closer if that's easy enough.
Obviously just test one to see if that helps and don't just blindly do it to all of them....
I mean,there is a possibility you got 2 sets of sketchy bulbs but who knows....

Jjbiskup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My instrument cluster lights wont turn on after swapping them over to led. Ive flipped them around and connected to see if i put it in the wrong way and no power, ive bought a different brand of leds and the same thing had happened. The weird thing is if I put the original bulbs they light up just fine. I dont know what it could be, maybe someone has an answer?
Sounds like you got the wrong voltage leds for your cluster either that or you got the wrong style of bulb and it doesnt make contact with the connections.