swapping out 4.3 to 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dayripper

Reaction score
i have been reading the posts on here and find them very useful. but i have a few questions about this swap.

i have a 94 with a 4.3. 4l60E tbi
i am going to put in a 350 with a 700r4 and carb

my questions are
1. can i swap the belt drive system off the 4.3 over to the 5.7 along with the water pump
2. can i use the frame mounts from the donor truck, or do i have to have the one for a 94 chevy?
3. is the 700r4 the same length as the 4l60e?

the 350 come out of a RV and the trans come out of a 1/2 ton van with a 350 in front of it.

thanks for all the good advice i have found here.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
i have been reading the posts on here and find them very useful. but i have a few questions about this swap.

i have a 94 with a 4.3. 4l60E tbi.
i am going to put in a 350 with a 700r4 and carb

my questions are
1. can i swap the belt drive system off the 4.3 over to the 5.7 along with the water pump >>> yes
2. can i use the frame mounts from the donor truck, or do i have to have the one for a 94 chevy? yes you can use mounts from 88 thru 94 350 trucks
3. is the 700r4 the same length as the 4l60e? Yes

the 350 come out of a RV and the trans come out of a 1/2 ton van with a 350 in front of it.

thanks for all the good advice i have found here.

I just done this same swap on my 1991 chevy

Dayripper

Reaction score
i may have to buy new mounts then. the mounts are from a 86. i was looking at some pics from auto zone. and the ones i have 4 holes while the ones for my year of truck have 3 :(

Dayripper

Reaction score
will the y pipe for the 4.3 bolt up to the 5.7 manifolds? i am going to put true duels on with a cross over pipe. but its going to be a few weeks before i can do it

Dayripper

Reaction score
well i got the engine in but i have to change the block mounts. the older style mounts on the block are too tall!

Dayripper

Reaction score
got the new engine block mounts in. had to run a wire to the fuel pump fuse. but the engine is sitting 2 inches to the passenger side of the truck.

is this where its supposed to be???????

Dayripper

Reaction score
well its all in and the new exhaust sounds great. now just to add some bling on the engine and a cold air intake system and im all done .. YAY ME!