swapping out 4.3 to 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dayripper

Reaction score
it was a good swap after i looked all over the net for the right info.

but it went in nicely after i got all the right parts.

Dayripper

Reaction score
yes the 4.3 set up bolted right up. if you do the same swap make sure you use the reverse flow waterpump. i used the one off the 4.3. i used the air conditioner compressor and the alternator and power steering pump

jckilman

Reaction score
4.3 to 5.7 swap

yes the 4.3 set up bolted right up. if you do the same swap make sure you use the reverse flow waterpump. i used the one off the 4.3. i used the air conditioner compressor and the alternator and power steering pump

I am doing the same swap on a 1990 silverado 1/2 ton , you said your engine set to the left a couple inches...how did that work out? Is the upper steel brackets on the 4.3 the same as 5.7? I was wondering also if anyone knows what years these upper steel brackets that bolt to the block will interchange? Im needing to go to the wrecking yard and pick up a pair for the swap.

Dayripper

Reaction score
I am doing the same swap on a 1990 silverado 1/2 ton , you said your engine set to the left a couple inches...how did that work out? Is the upper steel brackets on the 4.3 the same as 5.7? I was wondering also if anyone knows what years these upper steel brackets that bolt to the block will interchange? Im needing to go to the wrecking yard and pick up a pair for the swap.

. the clam block mount for your truck will be shorter by about 1.25 inches.the 4.3 engine mounts will not work if you are putting in a v8. you have to change the frame mounts.
as far as my engine sitting off to the side a little bit. it does not affect anything. i found out that it sits that way if i had 4 wheel drive.