swapping in powerseats, need part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alger388

Reaction score
Ive got a work bench on my truck and it is the most uncomfortable thing in the world, gives me severe back pains. I bought some 97 tahoe cloth buckets with full power drivers and power lumbar on passenger.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a sub harness between the connector on the seat, and the truck harness. There should be a pliug in my truck somewhere for this correct? I know the new seat belts have a two wire plug for the drivers and im sure i can use the wires from the work bench for the light but i would like the power my seats eventually.

I havent looked much either yet, but will i have to drill additional holes for the seat brackets? Im sure i will for the belt receptacles in the floor, but are there four holes for each seat bracket or does my bench use just 4 period instead of the 8 i will need for the individual bucketS?

thanks

Reaction score
Pull you carpet up and look to see if there is a plug underneath for you power seats. I have found them before in non-powered vehicles.

1500SS

^ Money pit
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the wiring, but I made a seat swap in my truck from a factory solid bench to a 60/40 bench (till I find the right buckets). The bench only had 4 holes, two on the outer edges. You will need to put the new seats in, bolt in the sides that have factory holes, mark the bolt hole locations of the inner brackets, and remove the seats. Drill holes on the marked locations. From here, you have a couple options. You can either do things the easy way, and put a washer with flatstock (for structural support) underneath the truck and secure it with a nut, or you can do things the quality way, and weld a washer with flatstock to a nut, and weld that assembly around the edges right underneath the bolt hole, preferrably while the nut is secured to the bolt so there are no alignment issues. The reason for welding it to the floorpan is so that if you need to take the seats out, you won't need something holding the top of the bolt in the cab while you're underneath the truck removing the nut. I have mine set up the "easy" way, just until I find the specific buckets I'm looking for. Another thing to know is that I had to cut a piece of the floorpan out by the exhaust manifold to fit one of the nut assemblies underneath the truck.

Good luck and keep us posted!

alger388

Reaction score
Hey thanks man i will let everyone know when i tear into it hopefully soon my work schedule is so stupidly sporatic right now ill keep ya posted