swapping fron 60/40 to leather captains.wire colors dont match please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so i changed my 60/40 power seats to the leather heated captain seats.the driver seat plugged right up but the passenger side dosnt.there is 2 different harnesses coming out of the floor on that side and i thought the one that wasnt used before would be the one to use so i pulled the loom back and the wire colors dont match the colors coming from the bottom of the seat.the colors on the seat are 2 orange,2 black,1 brown.and the ones coming from the truck are red,green,yellow,brown,black,is this gonna be able to work or am i gonna have to run new wires.i also thought i could just put a fuse under the hood in the fuse box but one side of the terminal donst have a prong with power.what do i do to make this seat work.i also cut a harness out of another tahoe and the colors all matched on that truck

4ofakind

Reaction score
I did this very swap. Look a few threads down, my thread has all your answers.

Mal

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i looked at yours and you used the harness with 2 wires correct.i have 2 harnesses coming out of my floor.1 harness has 2 wires orange and black and my other harness has 5 wires there red,white,black,green,yellow.im just confused wither i should even touch that harness

Last edited:

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
awesome now i need to figure out what the ones coming from the floor are.dosnt make sence why they dont match.but then i looked under the hood and i dont know if im gonna have to get a new fuse box with the power in the place for the heated seats fuse or what.did you have to deal with this also?it has the prong in one slot but the other is empty where the fuse goes

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The black is ground for the whole seat. The others are power for the front-back, up-down, tilt, & lumbar, if equipped. I grounded the seats to one bolt on each seat, then ran all the power wires from each seat to a to an outlet, each, on my stereo's distribution block, which is under the seat. The distribution block has 4 outlets & I was only using 2. The power to the distribution block is a fused 4ga. directly from my battery. In 6 years, this has never given me any problems. The short amount of the time that the seat motors are used has no effect on the stereo. Never blown a fuse.
What I did get from the wreckers when I got the seats, was both male & female connector ends of the wiring harness to the seats. The plugs are right under the seat from the factory, so you only need about 6"-8" of the wiring past the connectors. I did this so that the seats are not hard wired into the vehicle. If I ever have to remove them, it's 4 bolts to remove & a quick release of the electrical connections.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill take pictures of the wires coming out of the floor and of the harness i got tomorrow and post them.if you wouldnt mind helping me out id appreciate it buddy