Superlift or Tuff Country 6 inch 8 lug lift ( Sticky need your help!!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after hours/day of research it has come down to the Superlift 6 inch or Tuff country 6 inch -- few options since I have a 8 lug 3/4 ton crew cab ... any suggestions - input -- advice- cost is not a factor a factor - I will be doing the Real lift TB re locators ... BDS is a no go since I dont want a wider track.. I plan to run 35/36 inch tires on 16/ 16.5 or 17 inch by 8 rims/wheels.. Sticky if your out there how about some love on this one!!
Semper Fi -- yut yut eat the dead--!! 1 tour in Desert storm 1990/91 -1 tour Panama- 1997/98- 1 tour Iraq 2003 --6 tours in AFG 2007-08-09 10- 11- 12-!!

:biggun::biggun:

Last edited:

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
depending on where u are in texas there's also
http://3rdcoastsuspension.com/

they dont show it but they do have 6" kits

but if you're set on one of the two you've mentioned, then id go with tuff country

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Lake Jackson Texas.. Never heard of this place or their kits.. are the a solid kit/company?? thanks!

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I will give them a call and check them out.. All i need is to rum 35/36 's - off road on deer trails and farm land nothing hard corps w/ this truck

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd go with the Tuff Country from these guys...

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/88-98-8lug.htm

And, if it were me, I'd get their Shackle Flip brackets, greasable rear bushings, their ubolt flip kit, and a pair of zero rate AAL's to level the rear with the front. Then top it all off with a set of Bilstein's all the way around (which you can also find on that link/page).

Also, while I think the Realift's are a great idea and I plan on getting some when funds allow me to, keep in mind that you may have to modify your transmission crossmember to clear the torsion bars depending on how much the Tuff County kit actually drops everything down.

One more thing while I'm thinking about it... with 16x8's or 17x8's, you can probably clear up to 37's if the wheels have enough backspacing (i.e. 4.5" or more). Keep in mind that you're really going to want/need to regear with most any tire over the 35" range unless you can add some sort of tune such as the Black Bear, etc.... But even then with the tune, you may still want a regear to help get some power back.

On a side note, since money isn't a factor for you, I'd honestly go with the BDS kit in a heart beat over these. It's unfortunate though that they don't make a kit for 8 lug trucks so it's a mute point anyways.

Last edited:

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Zigs thanks for the advice I have a 4:10 rear gears so I think I will be fine on the gearing since I only haul dead deer and pigs from my hunts and -- I I leaning towards the super lift 5-7 kit but still haven't made up my mind - I have seen some good and some bad on the TC kit and all good on the SL kit - and I do want to run a 35-37 inch tire ( looking at the 37 inch Hummer tire ) or the 36 inch ground Hawg's - I have been out of all of this truck build for a wile since I have been deployed, I am now home in Texas and could use some good lift/build advice for my project daily driver truck (the one pictured on my caption block) - like what will the 35's do to my gear ratio? why would a TC kit be better that a SL kit. -- etc. Thanks again brother!!

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, I can't really give you advice about either of those kits as I don't have personal direct/indirect experience with them nor have I ever researched them. I do however have a 6" Pro Comp on my K1500 that I have absolutely no complaints about and they do make a kit for your K2500 also.

http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=EXPK1044B&catID=1&subCat=38&ptID=3533&plID=1808

As far as gearing, most 1/2 ton folks regear to either a 4.10 or a 4.56 when going up to 35's so you should be "ok" with your 4.10's although I would probably go ahead and throw some 4.56's in there if you have the money and want to go bigger than 35's at some point.

Personally, if I were doing it all over again, wanted to keep IFS, and were starting with your platform, I would do a 6" kit of your choice, Realift relocators, lift the rear how I talked about earlier, 4.56's and maybe look into a locker, 17x8's with 37" KM2's, and look into a tuner if applicable for your truck (i.e. Black Bear)

Look into good shocks too... Pro Comp and Rancho have great adjustable shocks (Pro Comp MX-6's and Rancho's RS9000's) and Bilsteins are great too.

Of course, you could always be really bad ass and do a solid axle swap (SAS) and get a late 1970's Ford D60 for the front to match that stout 14 bolt. These swaps will be a lil more work though but usually cost around the same once all is said and done. Your front end would be much stronger too than it ever would be with IFS.

Last edited:

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pro comp is looking pretty good at this time it's the same price as the superlift- Is at a tru 6 inch lift w/out cranking ?