Sun visor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Headliner shipping is not cheap. Depending on where they ship from and where you are.
Oh definitely not doing that; I already have a usable board here, and will re-cover it myself. Also, from what I've read, the aftermarket plastic headliner boards don't hold up well over time - a few people have said the fabric separates from them much quicker than the OEM fiberglass boards.

Richard

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have planned on getting the plastic headliner board because I had heard the OE boards are hard to depend on for reuse. It looks like what I need to do is talk my upholsterer friend and see what he says. If I can reuse the OE headliner board, that is a big plus.

Reaction score
If you can score a set of vinyl Sun Visors from a work truck in the treasure yard, they are more durable than the cloth ones. Way easier to clean too. Just an option.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was at the treasure yard yesterday and had no luck. I will be back there in a week or two. I did find the glove box light, shifter boot and some grommet that goes on the fender to keep the hood from slamming down

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have planned on getting the plastic headliner board because I had heard the OE boards are hard to depend on for reuse. It looks like what I need to do is talk my upholsterer friend and see what he says. If I can reuse the OE headliner board, that is a big plus.
Your upholsterer should be able to cover your visors, too.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh definitely not doing that; I already have a usable board here, and will re-cover it myself. Also, from what I've read, the aftermarket plastic headliner boards don't hold up well over time - a few people have said the fabric separates from them much quicker than the OEM fiberglass boards.

Richard
I actually bought one of the $4 light gray flannel throws from Walmart to use for my headliner. It's actually a fairly decent match. You could also go to a fabric store, some of them sell headliner material. If you are reusing your board and have some chunks of the fiber are missing from pulling the old fabric off, make sure you fill them, otherwise they will show through when you glue the new fabric on.