suggestions on lifting 2wd,s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
really easy haha... you should've seen me, I had duct tape, sharpie, etc... trying to mock it up on the truck... I got pissed off after 10 minutes and ..... "tossed" the valence to the side and I happened to look on the back and gm made an outline for those holes :banghead:

I think I remember reading that in a thread from you awhile ago LoL! I have since looked and saw the lining on the back just haven't figured out the method of doing it yet LoL! I'm slowly building up a tool collection as I work on the truck. Since I'm in IT for a living I never really had a lot of tools for doing major vehicle work LoL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think I remember reading that in a thread from you awhile ago LoL! I have since looked and saw the lining on the back just haven't figured out the method of doing it yet LoL! I'm slowly building up a tool collection as I work on the truck. Since I'm in IT for a living I never really had a lot of tools for doing major vehicle work LoL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

haha yeah... I used a dremel with a cut off disc...

P-rez

Reaction score
How's the rubbing if any? Did you have to do any trimming at all? My next set of tires will be that size. Although I have 15x8 wheels with 4" backspacing and if I remember right you have 15x10 wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I had to trim the bumper and valance... Oh and a bit of the fender also but thats because I'm running the 15x10's

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
now i haven't done much work on my truck other than maintenance work, is the spindle lift easy to install, because i definently dont want to mess up.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
now i haven't done much work on my truck other than maintenance work, is the spindle lift easy to install, because i definently dont want to mess up.

Yeah it really is, just take your time and make sure you follow the directions correctly. Also don't be afraid to ask any questions about any of it. Also there is a nice write up on FSC I think if I can find the link I will post it up for you. It helped me a lot when I did mine.

P-rez

Reaction score

Hell yeah bro its easy... To be honest with you, I had no experience at all when my brother and I threw my lift on.
What I did was search here on the forum and on FSC, and google... and just read step by step till u feel u have it down...
I split it into 2 days of work... I did blocks one day and spindles the next...so I wouldn't get overwhelmed since it was my first time... But its a real easy bro...there are some great write-ups that will help u step by step...or if anything, hit me up with any questions..

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys and if y'all no of any threads that can help me out with the processes that would be great.

jeffrey99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks both threads are excellent guys thanks again for all the help.