Suggestions for a new intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, i think i'm gonna be getting a new intake for my '89 since i'm gonna be pulling the intake to replace the intake gaskets cause of coolant leaks.

Been thinking of getting a carb intake but which one should i get? I have a 350 TBI, original everything. Gonna be getting a adaptor to run the TBI ontop of the carb intake.

Only thing is though the EGR. I might just run it without a EGR but the SES light will be on and i dont have enough dough to get a tune just yet so I was wondering running without the EGR will it affect the gas mileage or anything? Are there any of you who got a carb intake that had an EGR opening but ran a older style EGR or fabbed up a tube to run the current EGR?

Also, TBI spacers, which ones are good to get for the money? Also prolly will be putting one on it just to see what it does.

Thanks!

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
simple ole dual plane intake that will fit center bolt heads will work fine, but really cleaning up the stock one, smoothing the intake runners and adding a TB spacer aand cleaning the TB and grinding down the ridges will be your best bet.

The cheapest TB spacer you can find is what you want.