SUBURBANHOLICS POST HERE!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
Yes. They call them Dutch doors. The Astro/Safari vans had them as an option and the Ford Excursions had them. I've had the idea in my head for this for many, many years. It gives the best of both worlds. You get the shorter reach-in depth of the barn doors and the unobstructed, pillar-less view out the rear window of the tailgate/hatch.

And keeping with the subject of Suburban pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

do i see 3 turn signal bulbs

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
1995 C2500 working !

(that is an 80 gallon water bladder I use to clean the boats)

This is the 30' pontoon my Sub tugs these days

not a big fan of those spoliers but i dig the 454ss sticker and the rest of the truck

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes. They call them Dutch doors. The Astro/Safari vans had them as an option and the Ford Excursions had them. I've had the idea in my head for this for many, many years. It gives the best of both worlds. You get the shorter reach-in depth of the barn doors and the unobstructed, pillar-less view out the rear window of the tailgate/hatch.

Hopefully I don't get flamed off this site, but here is an Excursion rear door opening barn door / liftgate combo thing:

You must be registered for see images

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not mine, but these are some of my favorites

I love the stance on that one. There is something about narrow tires on lifted trucks that I dig.

The next one used to be my favorite but might have been replaced by the above one now...

Calvinator

Reaction score
not a big fan of those spoliers but i dig the 454ss sticker and the rest of the truck

Thx - but the spoiler and stickers get me +5 RWHP!

I really like this Suburban, very functional for all the kids and toys I have these days. It was old man driven with 60k miles in Tuscon , AZ. Don't find too many of those. I snapped it up and brought it up to Cleveland, OH. It has 80k miles now. I expect to see 200k miles easy. Sucks gas though.... 454 + 4.10 rear end + 50 gal. tank. $200/wk for fuel. it is my DD too. That's life right now for me!