Suburban leather seat cover set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koerbs

Reaction score
I tried searching, I'm sure I missed what I'm looking for, if I did, I apologize.

Anyway, I'm looking to switch my grey cloth seats to leather, the whole set, even the third row seat. The suburbans I've found to get seats from, need new covers anyway, so I'm thinking I should just recover my current seats with leather.

Where can I find what I'm looking for?

Thank you!

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Seat Shop. Good quality and many instructional videos to do it yourself.
Seat shop is kinda pricey and after ordering one for my 96 burb drivers seat have noticed it was missing the rear tabs that are thin and also missing the coil spring protector flaps on each side. Anyone else have success with another seat cover brand other than seat shop ? Also it’s disappointing that seat shop made their instructional vids on YouTube 11 years ago with a low resolution camera and they haven’t updated the videos either,

DetroitWelder

Reaction score

I purchase A set of seat bottoms for my 96 front seats. It's been 2 yrs and their holding up great. Make sure you replace any worn or missing seat foam because it will cause your new covers to crack from being pushed into the foams bad spots. They have Grey, beige, and 2 tones, fronts and back seats also. Just keep searching with different key words if you don't see what your looking for. Also get A cheap set of hog ring pliers that come with hog rings.

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I purchase A set of seat bottoms for my 96 front seats. It's been 2 yrs and their holding up great. Make sure you replace any worn or missing seat foam because it will cause your new covers to crack from being pushed into the foams bad spots. They have Grey, beige, and 2 tones, fronts and back seats also. Just keep searching with different key words if you don't see what your looking for. Also get A cheap set of hog ring pliers that come with hog rings.
Thanks for this tip about US leather car seats. Did all the bottom portions connect to the seat frame with the hog rings or did you have to use self tappers because the underside flaps weren’t long enough to go to the metal frame edge ? I purchased a cover from US Auto Seat Cover off eBay and while a perfect color match the rear flap was 2.5” shorter than the original and was impossible to hog ring in so I returned it. Thanks ! I’m attaching a photo of the rear flap I’m referring to with the original GM cover on the left and the eBay “US Auto Seat Cover” on the right,

Attachments

• 8F06B938-F848-427C-AF68-6CA70906BE47.jpeg
    8F06B938-F848-427C-AF68-6CA70906BE47.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 8

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for this tip about US leather car seats. Did all the bottom portions connect to the seat frame with the hog rings or did you have to use self tappers because the underside flaps weren’t long enough to go to the metal frame edge ? I purchased a cover from US Auto Seat Cover off eBay and while a perfect color match the rear flap was 2.5” shorter than the original and was impossible to hog ring in so I returned it. Thanks ! I’m attaching a photo of the rear flap I’m referring to with the original GM cover on the left and the eBay “US Auto Seat Cover” on the right,
Also I see on the one you purchased for your 96 it shows the Velcro stops mid way on the front corners, has this affected how those channels lock and stay in place ? On the GM covers they have Velcro that goes all the way to the front stitch seam. Thanks for any advice. GB I’m attaching a photo of what I’m referring to.

Attachments

• DC1E8F9C-0179-4BC4-A031-067A6F625CC6.jpeg
    DC1E8F9C-0179-4BC4-A031-067A6F625CC6.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 4

DetroitWelder

Reaction score
Also I see on the one you purchased for your 96 it shows the Velcro stops mid way on the front corners, has this affected how those channels lock and stay in place ? On the GM covers they have Velcro that goes all the way to the front stitch seam. Thanks for any advice. GB I’m attaching a photo of what I’m referring to.
I don't recall having any issue with where the velcro stopped on the seam. And the flap reached back far enough to use just the hog rings. I had the seats out and in my house doing it so I could really pull the flag tight. Not so tight that I was worried it was going to tear the material, but it was tight.

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall having any issue with where the velcro stopped on the seam. And the flap reached back far enough to use just the hog rings. I had the seats out and in my house doing it so I could really pull the flag tight. Not so tight that I was worried it was going to tear the material, but it was tight.
Ok thank you. And to confirm the link was right you purchased these from “us leather car seats” out of Houston, TX ? I ask because I can’t find any second row seats from them for the 95-99 obs, only front row seats. Eventually I want second row seats and will want them to match . Thanks for your help. Can you attach a photo of yours installed ?

DetroitWelder

Reaction score
I'll get A pic for you and let me see if I have the link for the rear seat saved. I remember having issues finding it using common terms. I recall finding the rear seat through suggested items maybe. I'll check right now.