Any leather covers other than seat shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any recommendations for leather seat covers for a 96 Burb other than Seat Shop ? Their $230 price tag for a single bottom seat cover is kinda cost prohibitive when one is considering replacing all 3 rows eventually for a vehicle that only cost $1,000 to begin with. It would seem someone has had success with a brand other than Seat Shop.
Many thanks,
GB

DetroitWelder

Reaction score

I purchased 2 leather bottoms in the 2 tone Grey. They look really nice ,next to the oem seat backs you can tell their not original. Only thing I would of done differently was replacing the seat foam. I thought my foam looked good but the outer edge was slightly flat from sliding in/out. The foam cause my seat cover to get A crease in that spot. Also the price was cheap compared to others.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

I purchased 2 leather bottoms in the 2 tone Grey. They look really nice ,next to the oem seat backs you can tell their not original. Only thing I would of done differently was replacing the seat foam. I thought my foam looked good but the outer edge was slightly flat from sliding in/out. The foam cause my seat cover to get A crease in that spot. Also the price was cheap compared to others.
Interesting that the seller is in Houston - so are these guys that I found on eBay. Might be the same seller, might not be. https://www.usautoseatcover.com/

I got a seat bottom for my '06 SS from them. I also made the same mistake and assumed the foam was OK when in fact it needs replacing. It's OK as I made a little error here and there on my install (first time around doing one of these) so I'll end up going back in at some point and replacing the foam and the heater element. The quality and fit of the cover seems pretty damn good.

You can tell the difference but to me that's expected with new vs. old, the new stuff won't have the wear/tear and crud build-up on it. There's tips around the 'net on freshening up your old leather to match - I wanna say Seat Shop videos talk about it, IIRC.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

DetroitWelder

Reaction score
Interesting that the seller is in Houston - so are these guys that I found on eBay. Might be the same seller, might not be. https://www.usautoseatcover.com/

I got a seat bottom for my '06 SS from them. I also made the same mistake and assumed the foam was OK when in fact it needs replacing. It's OK as I made a little error here and there on my install (first time around doing one of these) so I'll end up going back in at some point and replacing the foam and the heater element. The quality and fit of the cover seems pretty damn good.

You can tell the difference but to me that's expected with new vs. old, the new stuff won't have the wear/tear and crud build-up on it. There's tips around the 'net on freshening up your old leather to match - I wanna say Seat Shop videos talk about it, IIRC.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard
Yes I think it the same seller. Mine were came from Houston also.