Stupid Parking Brake Cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gearheadmike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so i put all new brakes on rear of truck along with all new parking brake cables and now putting back together it seems the part that attaches the passenger and driver side cables together is catching on the cab mount? Its a 2wd short bed.
You must be registered for see images attach

84cj

Reaction score
Mine is a 97 shorty 4x4. My cable goes under the cab mount and mine does not have that hole that your has the cables going thru. There is a small guide or bracket mounted to the frame in front of the cab mount to keep the cable from hitting it. Looks like the 2wd and 4wd have different cab mounts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Who sells these cables btw? Mine is broken.
They are available at lots of places:

autopartswarehouse.com
rockauto.com
autozone.com

The trick is ordering the right one. I have bought 7 different part numbers of parking brake cables and still not found the right one. My situation is different though. Mine is an OBS 2000 k2500 crew cab short bed that many auto parts stores don't even realize was ever made. Still, it ****** me off that GM made so many different parts for something as simple as an E-brake cable. The one from the pedal should have been the same for everything. The two for the rear axle could have been the same regardless of rear axle. The only thing that needed to vary was the piece in between!