Stupid 700r4 shifting problem, advice please?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Well guys, seeking some help. Recently I adjusted my TV cable (before I did, it was shifting Wasatch to early and too soft), and she started shifting GREAT. Last night while driving, it started shifting from 1-2, then straight to 3rd, then back to 2nd right away. Its starting to piss me off. Any advice? I think I'm going to try adjusting the cable a little bit at a time.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
There is only one correct position for the TV cable. You shouldn't be able to adjust it one way or the other if it is set correctly.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
There is only one correct position for the TV cable. You shouldn't be able to adjust it one way or the other if it is set correctly.

What I mean is I think it might be in the wrong position now since its shifting stupid.

Also, I'd like to know what this two plugs are? On the trans
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Actually I think the 2nd one is for the torque conv. lockup.

I believe you are right, manuals have a reverse/neutral sensor but not autos, for an auto we have the neutral safety switch in the column that does all that.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Also what is the TCC exactly? I did some research and apparently there are people that have had it lock too early, could that be what causes it to shift early sometimes? On another note, I've been driving it all day yesterday and today and it no longer shifts early. Also there is something shaking the entire truck at a very certain speed/RPM (around 35-40 MPH), but i think it might be my tires. Not sure.