stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Decent looking RCLB K1500 at a low bid right now on BAT . . . ending today. It's in the Pacific NW if anyone is up that way.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Decent looking RCLB K1500 at a low bid right now on BAT . . . ending today. It's in the Pacific NW if anyone is up that way.

Sold for $10,500 according to the ad.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Thank God this is in Alabama and that I don't have a spare $3800.

1983 Chevy Silverado Ambulance, $3,800, Citronelle, AL
My local EMS had a square body ambulance in service up to the early 2000's. Pretty long service, but what was cool was, it sounded like it had Cherry Bombs on it. Thing sounded awesome, when it came by, at full tilt.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank God this is in Alabama and that I don't have a spare $3800.

1983 Chevy Silverado Ambulance, $3,800, Citronelle, AL
One of the local fire departments had an old K3500 ambo with a TBI 454, from what I was able to glean from one of the volunteers it was a "mild 454, RV cam, long tube headers, "Turbo 400 with overdrive"
Last I saw it, they had it in one of the warehouses for old equipment they didn't want to get rid of. I've always wanted to build a truck camper out of an old ambulance. If only this unit was a 4x4.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Caught my eye and not in a good way. Vortec 7.4 / NV4500 combo for sale for $2K on FB. From a truck that had a "minor cab fire"

You must be registered for see images attach

I'd have my serious doubts about one that was in fire hot enough to melt a cast aluminum valve cover. Guaranteed the unobtainium plastic fuel rail is finished! Oil pressure sending unit is a melted mess as is the power steering cap, plug wires burnt off, and all the other pics conveniently avoid showing you the distributor, which we can take a wild guess at the condition..

I'm sure it's worth something to somebody, but I wouldn't pay $2K for it.

Richard

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Caught my eye and not in a good way. Vortec 7.4 / NV4500 combo for sale for $2K on FB. From a truck that had a "minor cab fire"

You must be registered for see images attach

I'd have my serious doubts about one that was in fire hot enough to melt a cast aluminum valve cover. Guaranteed the unobtainium plastic fuel rail is finished! Oil pressure sending unit is a melted mess as is the power steering cap, plug wires burnt off, and all the other pics conveniently avoid showing you the distributor, which we can take a wild guess at the condition..

I'm sure it's worth something to somebody, but I wouldn't pay $2K for it.

Richard
In this day and age of "ls swap the world" you'd be hard pressed to get $2k from a pristine 454 IMO

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score